TWENTY-FOUR

[them]

24. NIGHTS IN BUSAN

JUNGKOOK'S ONE SENTENCE WIPED THE SMILE straight off nari's face. her lips pressed together as her face sunk with an ember of dark gloss.

jungkook glanced at nari for a couple seconds. his lips morphed into a frown as her head turned towards the window.

he made a mistake. he knew it from her actions. the sudden brightness within nari disappeared, it vanished into thin air.

jungkook didn't want to push it further. he knew it was touching. he knew it would pull on her heartstrings.

"forget what i said." jungkook shot out instantly.

he ran his hands through his hair while setting the car keys into his pocket.

"but nari." jungkook paused, choosing his words carefully, "believe me, it really helps to let it all out."

nari paused. she froze for a few seconds. she thought. her mind swallowed her as thousands of thoughts and words rushed through her brain, flowing past her at lightning speed.

it would be easier to show him. there was no way nari could tell him without breaking down into sobs.

"i'll show you."

"are you sure nari." jungkook tilted his head, "you don't have to, if you don't want to."

nari shook her head. trust. she trusted him, enough to let her guard down.

"it's a long drive." nari whispered, "are you okay with that?"

jungkook nodded his head with a solemn sigh. he regretted asking her. he could sense the pain and the fear in her eyes. he could sense her heartbreak beyond her words.

nari held her hand out.

jungkook furrowed his brows, "huh?"

"i'll need to drive."

jungkook pursed his lips. all of nari's stuff was inside her apartment, which was locked.

"but, your driving license?" jungkook started, "isn't that in your apartment."

nari took out her phone, prying off the phone case. she pulled out a small card, turned face down.

"i don't keep it in my wallet."

jungkook took the key from his pocket and handed it to nari. he stepped out of the car along with nari to swap sides.