PROLOGUE

A/N:

thank you so much for reading snowball! this is one of my older works and it may not be that good >.< i've recently just started writing "the gray dancer" and its published on a new account (ad1t1_) please check it out and give it some love!

[her]

KIM NARI was not having a pleasant day. in fact, it was anything but good.

nari's eyes fluttered open to the bright sunlight seeping through her windows. the sunlight shined into her eyes with a fiery glow. she squinted, turning over in her covers. her eyes danced over to her phone resting on the counter. nari grabbed her phone, slowly turning it on to glance at the time.

10:00 am.

"holy shit." nari jumped off the bed with a start.

this was not good. she was supposed to be at work one hour ago. nari scrambled around her tiny apartment. she scurried like a mouse to get her daily things done.

nari poured herself a bowl of cereal, with the cereal first. who in their right mind would pour milk first.

her spoon clinked against the bowl rapidly with her every bite. she gobbled up the meal in less than two minutes. her stomach still rumbled. the tiny bowl of cereal was not enough for her growing body. nari rolled her eyes.

"deal with it." she mumbled to herself, trying to fight off her hunger.

nari groaned. today would be a bad day. she already felt it deep inside her. her stomach filled with uneasy butterflies, warning her of the ill fortunes to happen today.

nari bobbed her head to the side. she needed to make it through today and then it would be the weekend. it was so close yet so far.

nari rummaged around her messy room, putting on whatever messy attire she found. she picked up a pair of jeans and a shirt. that was going to do for today. it wasn't the most professional but enough for a time crunch

nari didn't bother doing her hair, she threw it into a messy bun. she grabbed her phone and purse and ran straight out of her apartment.

"fuck." she muttered once the breezy cold air hit her.

she forgot her winter jacket, scarf, and gloves.

great. just great.

nari glanced at her watch. she cursed under her breath.

10:20 am

this was not good. she was supposed to be at work at 9:00. she didn't have time to go look for her winter attire. she needed to make ends meet with what she had.

nari dashed across the winter streets. the gusts that blew by her made her regret forgetting her winter clothes.

each gust struck against her with an icy blast, colder than the passing one.

the soles of nari's feet ached with a stabbing pain. it was not a smart idea to run a mile and a half. nari looked in front of her, staring at the black building.

she walked inside. the heating air felt pleasant on her skin. she felt massive relief.

she pressed the buttons on the elevator, sending her to her work floor.

the elevator slowly rose. then it stopped. nari brushed away the bits of hair in front of her face while waiting for the door to open. the door didn't open.

"amazing." she mumbled, "fucking amazing."

nari banged the door of the elevator, but it didn't open. the lights flickered for a couple of moments. then they shut off. the elevator turned pitch black.