FORTY-SEVEN

[him]

47. OVERWORKING

THE REST OF THE GROUP HAD BEEN PACING around the main room in the bighit building. it was almost as if the tension could be cut with a knife. out of the seven, only six were actively present. for a couple minutes nobody spoke. they only sent unwavering glances to the others.

"he's doing what he used to do now." namjoon mumbled.

he clasped his hands together, sitting on the tiny blue coach in the center. he sighed, running a hand through his hair and furrowing his eyebrows. namjoon knew jungkook was spiraling into a period of destruction once more.

"he's overworking himself again."

yoongi added onto namjoon's statement. he continued to walk around the room, pacing with the anxious people. jungkook had not stepped out of his work room for almost three days now. he continued to bombard himself with work. he practiced all day and night, produced songs - anything to keep him occupied. anything to make him forget.

jimin met both namjoon's and yoongi's stare, "he's heartbroken."

"this is his way of healing." taehyung pursed his lips, "it's best to leave him be."

jimin shook his head. there's no way they could continue leaving jungkook like this. jimin folded his arms across his chest, with a small eye roll as he glanced at taehyung. jungkook's behavior would not fly like this.

"he's going to die at this rate." jimin sighed, "it's been two days since he slept."

taehyung smacked his forehead. of course jungkook didn't sleep for 3 days. he was always like this, when it came to work and their comeback. nari was an excuse for him to torment himself further, to continue to drown himself in work.

"if we don't drag him back to the dorms tonight, he won't sleep today either." jimin added, putting his hands on his hips.

he glanced at all the faces in the room. each one nodded their heads, agreeing with a soft sigh. jungkook had always been the most troublesome due to his work first attitude. he's been a workaholic since the very beginning. taehyung met jin's eyes, deep in thought.

"who's gonna do it?" jin asked?

"not me." jimin retorted, "i don't want to risk my life."

jimin backed away from the group. he shook his head, with his firm no. jin's eyebrows raised. jimin's refusal didn't surprise him. he expected them to all bail. jin's eyes narrowed, almost waiting for everyone else to say no.

"i'm not risking my life either." voices shout out from every single corner of the room.

the six heads shook their heads blatantly refusing. they all feared jungkook, despite him being younger. jungkook had always been the strongest and they didn't want to risk their life and it would be enjoyable for jin to do the honors.