FIFTY-TWO

[him]

52. SONGWRITING

JUNGKOOK'S HEAD POUNDED. his head slammed with pain. it was like a thousand needles were in his brain. jungkook groaned. his head exploded with agony. his head was swirling.

"fucking hell." jungkook mumbled, "what the fuck did i drink last night."

all jungkook could remember was drinking bottles of soju. after that his mind was blank. he could not remember how he got home or even ended up in his bed.

jungkook groaned. despite the pounding in his head, he felt quite normal. in fact quite energized if he ignored the grogginess from waking up.

jungkook needed something to fix his headache. he could hardly see or even function with it. all his thoughts were focused on the horrible after effect of drinking. every time he would remind himself never again. but, he'd do it again when he was feeling overwhelmed. it was never worth it.

jungkooks eyes passed over to his bedside table.

"huh?"

there was a note that rested on the bedside. jungkook assumed either taehyung or jimin had probably left it there for him. he smiled to himself. at least now he knew he had gotten home safe. it was fine to bother taehyung and jimin, they bothered him at least once daily.

jungkook picked up the note.

"that's not jimin or taehyung's handwriting." jungkook mumbled.

he paused, staring at the note once again. jungkook read over it. it didn't have anything indicative about who wrote it. all it said was that the pills were on the table.

"isn't it nari's?"

jungkook stared at the handwriting once again. it looked like nari's. he couldn't help but notice the similarities in the lettering. did nari take care of him?

jungkook closed his eyes.

again, he remembered the memories they spent together. he just couldn't move on. he couldn't forget nari. it was the reason he went to drink, despite his promotions. jungkook couldn't clear his mind, no matter how hard he tried.

jungkook grabbed the painkiller and the glass of water that was left on his bedside table. he swallowed the pill to make sure his headache went away.

he couldn't get the thought that nari might have written the note out of his head. the fact that nari hadn't forgotten about jungkook rested in his mind.

maybe she didn't hate him.

jungkook decided to check with taehyung to make sure it wasn't them. he couldn't sit still without knowing who helped him last night.