Jimin - Four Years and 15 Days

"I'll come back."

Were the words that he sniffled out before letting go of his hold on you. Before abandoning you for longer then you both thought. Before completing breaking you.

But that was four years ago.

Four years and 15 days to be exact.

He was a trainee for Big Hit and you were just his little sweetheart girlfriend at the time. You two made a plan before he debuted. To stay together in Seoul and do everything to get him to his dream and do everything to get to yours. Nowhere in the plan did it say that he would leave. That he would get to his dream while you would be doing yours but wanting to die in the process.

Anyway, he ended up debuting and you two celebrated obviously. It was all happy-go-lucky until he had to tour. The first few tours were great. You even got to go along on some of them so you could't complain about that.

But this one you couldn't go on. This one was longer the past tours. He didn't know when he'd be back or how long it would take. Especially after fame rose quickly for him, he was probably gonna be doing more then touring. So all he could do before getting out of the hug were those words that still to this day run through your mind.

'Well why didn't you just text him or go to see him?' One might ask.

You did. Everyday. Every chance you could. You called and when you couldn't call, you texted. But eventually the texts stopped coming until they came to a complete stop. They were many times when you wanted to send him text after text or even just have a little FaceTime session, but after awhile you stopped. You took the hint after weeks of not getting texts.

You would be lying if you said it didn't hurt like a bitch when he just dropped you. Every possible scenario raced through your mind at the time.

What if he found a new lover?

What if he just got tired of you and didn't have the guts to break up with you?

What did you do?

Was it really your fault?

Why didn't he tell you?

But that was four years ago. Now you were older and trying to move on to better things. You refused to date because you were now afraid of dating. With what happened with your past relationships and with what happened with him, you were just too scarred.

You mingled around here and there, but never got into an actual relationship and made sure to not catch feelings for anyone.

After awhile it didn't bother you as much. You enjoyed getting off of work and going home to a peaceful environment. No arguments. No differences. You definitely saved more money being single. But you missed him. He was your person.

He taught you love and how it was supposed to feel. You were forever grateful for him.

Just the thought put a smile to your face and it must've been noticeable because even with your face mask on, your coworker looked over at you and said: "Think of a good joke or something?" 

"Hm?" You said with a questionable look on your face as you turned to him.

"I can tell by your eyes that you're smiling. I just thought you might've thought of a funny joke." He said as he smirked as he smirked at you.

He was an example of something that you mingled with. At the time you two were both going through something and on a typical night of drinking , one thing led to another and you two had been friends ever since. No feelings caught, just a typical friends with benefits case.