Hobi - Parent Disapproval

Story for: @Dangjazmynecesar
__________________________

"It'll be ok, Y/N."

Hobi held your hand as you two drove down the street towards your neighborhood. Today was the day that Hobi met your family and it scared the hell out of you. Ever since you told your parents about Hobi, they disapproved about everything that had to do with him. You were sure that they would throw a fit about seeing him in person, but Hobi insisted on going and of course you couldn't talk him out of his decision.

You guys pulled up to your childhood house, a blue two story, and you sank down in your seat.  You weren't ready.

"Come on, Y/N." He squeezed your hand and got out the car before running to your side of the car and opening the door. You smiled at him and got out before seeing the living room curtain move as if it was opened and then closed.

You two held hands as you guys walked to the front door. Every bad thought went through your head. How everything could go wrong and you would leave crying.

Hobi smiled at you with joy as the front door opened when you two got to the front steps. Your mom and dad stood in front of you guys with smiles for you and angry looks at Hobi.

Once you two got in, you made the introductions. "Hobi, this is my mom and dad. Mom and dad, meet Hobi."

"Nice to meet you, Hobi." She shook his hand while looking him up and down. Your dad on the other hand, glared at Hobi while Hobi just shined his pearly whites at them. He was such a sweet boy, he didn't deserve the treatment your parents gave him.

The four of you sat down in the living room and you and your mom began to talk. Everything started to finally go well. You hoped it would stay that way, but your hopes were crushed and you told a story of what you and Hobi did one day. Which was go to the water park. You smiled at the memory of all the fun you two had that day. You two left the place soaking wet, but neither of you cared.

You continued to tell the story, but then your dad interrupted you. "Tell me about yourself." He said as he looked at Hobi.

"Oh, uh, my name is Jung Hoseok. I'm rapper in a group and I love your daughter very much." He kisses your cheek and smiled.

Your mom scuffed.

You glared at her, "What?"

"Who taught you English dear?" Your mom asked before putting your cup of tea to her lips.

"None of your business. His English is fine." You gritted through your teeth.

"A little choppy."

"Leave him alone. At least he's trying."

Your mom rolled her eyes.

"What the hell Is wrong with you? What did he do to you? Every since I told you about him, you've been such jerks when every I mention him." You stood up.

"How about we start with his race. He's Korean. Couldn't you find someone the same as you." Your mom said.

"Don't forget how girly he looks or is that some Korean tradition?" You dad added.

"You know what screw you both. You don't know anything about him and yet you sit here and judge him over stupid little things. So what he's Korean. I love him no matter what. He's a better person then you two will ever be." You stormed out of the house to your car.

Hobi got up with a worried expression and looked at the car before looking at your parents. "I'm sorry for the trouble I caused. I didn't mean to. I know you don't like me, but I love your daughter with all my heart. I wouldn't let anything bad happen to her and I always stand by her. Please rethink your opinion about me." His eyes turned sad like he was gong to cry, "I love your daughter more than anything and I don't wan to lose her." With that, he bowed and left leaving your parents with somewhat shocked expressions.

~a few days later~
You looked in the mirror of your hotel room and saw Hobi behind you making sure everything was packed. A sad smile showed up on your face. You wished Hobi had a better experience with your parents, but what can you do?

You got ready to leave when you heard a knock at the door. You opened it to see your parents.

"What do you want?" You said as you put your hands on your hips.

"To say sorry."your mom said.

You looked at them for a second and moved out the way so they could come inside.

"Y/N, who is it?" Hobi asked you in Korean as he peeked around the corner.

Before Hobi could say anything, your mom started talking. "Listen, we're sorry. For what we said. We didn't realize how much you cared for Y/N. She's had some bad boyfriends in the past and we thought you were like them, but we see that we were wrong. So will you please accept this apology?"

Your eyes widened as you saw your mom suddenly bow.

Hobi laughed and bowed back at her with a huge smile. "Thank you, Mr and Mrs Y/L/N. I promise to take care of her."

Your dad smiled at his before patting him on the shoulder.

Everyone was happy, but you were still holding a grudge. "You can make it better by takin us to breakfast and paying." You gave your parents puppy dog eyes.

You mom laughed and nodded before grabbing one of your bags to help you guys with your luggage. "Alright alright."

You smiled and walked out the room after your parents with Hobi before kissing him on the cheek. "My special hope."