Bad dreams

TW: mentions of wanting self harm done.

Emily's POV:

"What's the new lead?" I asked

"I can't say, you are still a suspect after all." Elle said, but deep down I could see she really wanted to tell me.

I just rolled my eyes as Agent Anderson walked in with the autopsy report on JJ's mother.

I opened the file, and saw all the horrifying pictures that on a daily basis I would shrug off, but these...these made me sick.
After reading all the information, I found that her mother was killed on February 14th which was approximately 2 months ago.

Whoever killed her must've kept her in some sort of refrigeration compartment or something.

This was to easy to clear my name, I was with JJ on Valentine's Day.

"Elle it says that JJ's mother was killed on February 14th." I dragged.

"Yeaaaa so?" She asked.

"That's Valentine's Day, I was with JJ on Valentine's Day." I said.

Her face didn't change from the confusion that was plastered on it. She pulled out her phone from her pocket and walked into the hall to make a call.

JJ's POV:

I was nursing Lily in Garcia's "bat cave," whenever she walked in.

"Hey umm hate to bother you but w-was Emily with you 2 months ago on Valentine's Day." She asked.

I was fed up with being asked about this entire situation. "Garcia can-can you just give me a minute to finish up here." I said slightly annoyed.

"O-Of course." The door closed and I went back to nursing Lily.

As I was staring at her, I began to notice how much she actually reminded me of Emily.
Not only did they have the same lip shapes, but her attitude was just like her momma's.

She would get fussy, and as soon as she is given attention she's happy again. Or that she's always hungry.
A small smile crept to my face as tears also built up.

I finished feeding Lily, and went back out to the others to answer Garcia's question.
She was talking with Reid in the round table room when I walked in.

"Okay JJ I'm going to run you through a cognitive interview to see what you can remember on Valentine's Day." I sighed and sat down in a chair across from Spencer.

"Everything was normal, we woke up had breakfast spent mainly the rest of the day in each other's company. We had sex after lunch, a-and then she said she had to run to the store...sh-she wouldn't let me go with her...b-but she came back with flowers and chocolate so that's why I though she didn't want me to come." I opened my eyes after talking to a concerned looking Reid.

"JJ...I- could you estimate just about how long Emily was gone in the time frame?" He asked.

"20, maybe 30 minutes." I said thinking.

He nodded and said an awkward thanks before leaving the room.

Emily's POV:

I was laying in the hospital bed, wishing this nightmare would end whenever Hotch and Rossi abruptly came through the door.

"February 14th, Valentine's Day you said you went to the store was that the only place you really went too?" Rossi asked.

"I-uhm yea I was-I was picking up flowers and chocolates for JJ." I said trying to recall the events.

Rossi let out an angrily huff before exiting the room. Elle watched from the window seat in what seemed to be fear of Rossi's attitude.

"Elle could you give us a minute?" Hotch asked. She nodded her head and left the room quietly.

"Prentiss we are trying everything we can to try and clear your name, but you aren't helping yourself." He said.

"What?! What exactly am I doing Hotch that makes me look sooo guilty?! And WHY am I being treated like a suspect?" I asked.

"Because you are. We still have those photos of you, and I don't know how you can explain them, it's clearly you standing over Susan's dead body." He said.

I crossed my arms and stared out the window as hot tears fell down my cheeks and burned them.

"When you are ready to confess tell Elle she'll give me a call." Hotch said quietly.

"Hey Hotch?" I asked. He stopped his pursuit of the door and turned to me.

"If you see my nurse tell her the next time she comes in here to check my vitals....to overdose me." I said staring blankly at him.

His face increasingly saddened as he walked out of the door with his head down.
I still stared at the door as it was left closed.

Time skip

General POV:

The team was still working without stopping, trying to figure out this mysterious murder.

Some knew Emily was innocent, others questioned it, and others...well they were planning her demise.

Emily was still in the hospital.
The team figured since she didn't like being in the interrogation room the hospital would be a better scenery.
Either way she hated both places.

The 3 days she had been under watch as a suspect seemed to have been the longest days of her life.

Of course anyone being seen as a murder suspect when they don't even remember the events would think that.

However the day was actually coming to an end.
Elle was posted on her little window bench, trying her best not to fall asleep but miserably failing at the lack of sleep and exhaustion taking over. Anderson was posted outside of Emily's room in case something like that were to happen.
And Emily, well she was trying her best to rest in the most uncomfortable bed of all time.

A hospital bed.

After many moments of trying to find a comfortable position to lay in, Emily finally was able to slip into a mediocre sleep.

The room was silent, nothing but gentle snores from either agent was heard, until Emily began to stir crazily.

"Emily! Emily! Wake up it's just a bad dream!" Elle said as the other agents eyes shot open.

"Elle I did it." Emily spoke.

"Did what?" Elle asked.

"I killed JJ's mom..."

A/N: ☝🏻😀 ✊🏻😶
Yea there's no way I'm saving myself from the wrath you people are fixing to unleash upon me.

word count: 1,056