Strangers

⚠️TW⚠️:mentions of self harm/ suicide attempt

Emily's POV:

We arrived at the hospital and they took JJ in quickly for emergency surgery. She had gotten a concussion, and apparently had some bleeding in her brain.

I couldn't sit still I paced back and forth in the waiting room, waiting for any news.
Reid walked up to me shyly with a two cups of coffee in his hand.

"Here...I thought you could use this." He said giving me his signature white boy smile.

"Thanks you're a lifesaver." I said as he started to walk away. "Hey Spence...sorry for snapping at you earlier I jus-"

"It's ok Emily I understand." I gave him a smile as he walked back over to his chair.

We were all waiting for any news, Spencer was comforting Elle, Rossi and Hotch were discussing something, Morgan was on the phone with Garcia, who would be shortly landing here at any moment. And I was a mess fidgeting with anything and everything I could.

"Family of Jennifer Jareau?" A doctor asked.

My head shot up as I bolted out of my chair.

"Yes is she going to be ok? When can I see her?!" I fired questions left and right.

"She will make a full recovery....but there was a slight problem in the surgery...she may suffer amnesia temporarily....or permanently." He said a grimace upon his face.

"Ok...when can I see her?" I asked tears challenging my eyes to hold them back.

"Give her at least an hour tops then she should be ready for visitors." He said.

Hotch thanked him and I just nodded.
Amnesia....REALLY?! Of all things! I thought to myself. I knew when visiting time came upon us I had to pull myself together..for JJ.

*1 hour later*

It was finally time to go see JJ, I convinced the team that we should all go in together, after they all complied we made our way to JJ's room.
I was the first one to walk in the room followed by Spence and Elle. As soon as I walked in and JJ's eyes locked on mine a wave of terror flooded them.

"Jayje what's wrong-" she cut me off

"Wh-Who are you h-how do you know my name?!" She asked in a panicked tone.

Those simple words. Shattered my heart.

"It's-It's me...Emily..." I said my voice cracking as tears crawled from my eyes.

"I don't know you I'm sorry.....Elle Spencer!" She said as they finished walking into the room.

They walked over to her bedside and showered her in hugs. The rest of the team including Garcia then filed into the tiny hospital room.

"GARCIA! Hotch! Morgan!....who are you?" She asked looking at Rossi.

"It's ok kiddo you'll remember me soon." He said. Rossi was never one to try and worry himself about a lot of things even though he cared a lot.

As everyone was showering JJ with love and affection, I took the opportunity to slip out of the room and speed walk actually practically run to the bathroom.
I grabbed onto the sink and held my head down as tears poured like rain. It was endless. They just kept coming. And coming. And coming.

How could she not remember me? She remembers the rest of the team except Rossi and I.
I wanted nothing more than to scream, or drink away my problems. I knew running back to London wasn't an option, I've done that too many times.