Home

EMILY'S POV:

It was finally over.

I could go home to see my wife, and my kids, and my friends. I wanted it to be a surprise though, so no one knows I'll be getting discharged today. On JJ and I's wedding anniversary.

It took a lot of convincing, but after proving I was fine and mentally stable again I was able to have them let me out on our anniversary. I was clear for everything, exercising, driving, moving heavy objects, and even going back into the field. I've missed everyone SO much over this whole year. Thankfully it was only one and not two. I think I would've gone mad.

I got all my things back and thanked the doctors who helped me with my stay there before leaving. I had a plan and the only people who knew about it were going to be Hotch and Derek. The idea would be to have myself put into this huge box that Aaron and Derek would be bringing to JJ that contained some surprise that I told them to give to her if something ever happened to me on this day. Obviously she would probably think it was some sort of anniversary gift that I couldn't give to her, little did she know I would be the surprise.

Everything was getting prepared. Hotch and Derek picked me up in Derek's truck and I was put into the enormous box. Now the journey to JJ began.

I convinced Derek to get Penelope to come for emotional support knowing she would bring Spencer. So the plan was perfect. It was time to see my wife and me bestfriend again. I know even though I couldn't see them for a year which sucked, that year helped me get better. Might I say it worked too. I haven't been feeling the slightest bit sad at all. I wanted to get better...for JJ.

I could still remember the way there. Sitting in the box I felt the last turn, which meant we were finally on our street, and that much closer to JJ again. My heart was racing. It felt like it was about to leap out of my chest. What would she think? Would she be mad that I didn't tell her first? Would she be happy that I was out? Would she not even want to talk to me because I practically left her alone to take care of two children, while maintaining a demanding job?               I can't overthink this, not this time Emily. You waited too long and worked to hard to doubt the love of your life now. 

Feeling the car come to  stop and then hearing the tail gate drop now, I knew it was time. This is the time where I was happy that I chose Derek and Hotch to help seeing as they are the strongest people on the team. Being dropped down and then being told a million apologies from each of them before moving towards the front door.                                                                                                             A small hole was inserted in each side of the box so I could see what was happening at all times.

I saw another car besides JJ's in the driveway, so I figured Penelope and Spencer were already here. With one more approval from Derek if I was really ready. I said a final yes, before the doorbell was rang. Taking in a deep breath that way I didn't cry as soon as I laid eyes on her. 

The door was opened and the strong smell of lavender invaded my nose. 

"She hated those scented wax candles though but never told me cause she knew I loved them." I though to myself as I was pushed into the house. 

"What's this? And Derek why did you tell Penelope and Spencer to come?" JJ asked.

I was afraid she would catch on but kept faith in Hotch's stone face to sell the act.

"Prentiss instructed that if anything ever happened to her, that I was to give you this anniversary gift for her." Hotch said. 

I heard JJ sniffle a little bit before asking her next question.