Flash back

JJ's pov:

Ever since Will and I have been married he's been less abusive and mean. I was grateful for that I realize that since our baby is coming he's trying to be a good dad. I still love Will, but it's not the same love I have for Emily.

I was now 5 months along in my pregnancy, we were finding out the gender of our baby in the next week or two. We haven't had a lot of cases lately which I was happy about the less time I spent at the BAU the better. Everything reminded me of her, her scent still lingered on her desk. Lavender.
I woke up and started my day. Took a shower got dressed and headed to work.

I stopped by the cafe where I first met Emily before I knew she would be working with me. What some people didn't know is that Emily and I were friends before we worked together.

[FLASH BACK]

I walked into the coffee house and was immediately met by the smell of roasted coffee beans. I walked over to my usual seat by the window and saw the most gorgeous raven haired woman sitting a few seat over. When I was walking to get my coffee I walked passed her and accidentally bumped her.

"Oh I'm sorry haha my head isn't thinking straight today."

"Oh no it's all right....I'm Emily I just moved here from over seas."

"Hi I'm Jennifer but my friends just call me JJ maybe I could give you my number and show you around some time." I said with a smile and playful wink.

"I would love that." She said smiling.

Her smile seemed to make the whole world stop. Unfortunately our world was interrupted by the barista.

"Oh well that's me I have to go it was lovely meeting you...JJ.." she said kissing my hand before she left.

OH. MY. GOD. I need this woman in my life!

It was two days later and I ran into the coffee house and saw the familiar woman standing in front of me in line.

"Hey stranger!" I said tapping her shoulder.

She turned around and her face immediately seemed to glow.

"JJ hey!" She said smiling at me.

"Hi how's Virginia treating you so far?" I asked.

"Great I'm starting a new job today I'm really nervous."

"Don't be I bet they'll love you!" I said smiling. "How about in honor of your new job we go get drinks tonight at 7?" She smiled back at me.

"I would love that Jayje- oh is it okay if I call you that?" She asked picking at her fingers.

"It's perfect Em- I can call you that right?" I said staring at her.

"Of course it is..I'll see you tonight at 7." She winked and grabbed her coffee before leaving.

I grabbed my coffee and headed to the BAU I was immediately met by a cheerful Garcia.

"JJ big news we are getting a new team member a replacement for Elle." She said barely able to stay in the same place.

"Oh that's cool where is she?" I asked.

"She's in Hotch's office right now...and may I say she is quite the attractive one." She said playfully bumping me.

Just then Hotch walked out of his office.

"Everyone I would like you to meet our newest addition to the team....SSA Emily Prentiss."

It was her! My face turned beet red as she walked out of Hotch's office our eyes immediately locking.
Hotch walked around and introduced her to all of us.

"Emily I would like you to meet the team this is Dr. Spencer Reid, our technical analysis; Penelope Garcia, SSA David Rossi and Derek Morgan, and our communication liaison Jennifer Jareau." She shook everyone hand but especially stared at me as she shook mine.

"Lovely to meet you...Jennifer."

Everyone kinda stared at our interaction, before Hotch interrupted and said we had a case.

The case was supposed to be at least a week long but Emily found out something about the unsub that helped us catch him in 3 days. She was incredibly smart, funny, and obviously very attractive.
Once we got back home we went out for drinks like we said, but we invited Pen to tag along.

We were all having a good time and having our drinks. I notice Emily talking to a guy and my heart immediately breaks I try not to let it show though. She starts to bring him over.

"Girl this is brad a REAL FBI agent."

"Oh so do you solve a lot of cases?" I said.

"That information is classified." He said.

"So what's it like up at Quran-tee-co?" Penelope said.

"You know just solving cases and getting criminals like a bad ass." He said trying to impress us.

"OH do you have to carry your gun and badge around with you?" Emily asked

"Affirmative." He said.

"Can we see it.....your badge?" She asked smirking.

"I'm sorry but that is strictly-"

"Classified." We all cut him off digging into our purses.

"Tell me Brad does it look something like this?" Emily said.

"Or this?" I said.

"Or how about this?" Penelope said.

He practically ran out of the bar beer red, we all burst out laughing and finished our drinks before heading to our cars.
Penelope was practically sober and so was Em, but I'm a lightweight and had a little to much to drink.

"Hey Jayje you sure you can drive home?" Emily asked.

"Yea..yea I'm fine-" I said stumbling off the curb.

"No Jayje you're coming home with me tonight and we will come get your car in the morning."

"Fine."

We hopped into her car as she drove away. She drove a stick shift and I can't lie it was quiet attractive to see her hands moving the shift the veins popping out in them.
We got to her house and she told me I could sleep on the couch or in the bed with her. I chose to sleep with her and it wouldn't be weird cause we share a bed sometimes during cases. I walked into her room and my nose was immediately filled with her scent. Lavender. We fell asleep and I could feel her wrap an arm around my waist pulling me closer in her sleep before I drifted off.

BEEP BEEP....RING RING RING

I was taken out of my day dream by my phone ringing. "Jareau." I answered it, it was Will.

"Hi honey. Yes I will be home for dinner just finishing up my last files. Mhmm okay sounds great. Okay bye love you too." I hung up the phone and held my head in my hands.

Even when Emily is across the ocean she still ruins me.

A/N: hey guys gabriella here so this chapter is really just about Emily and JJ's past that they had just a little back in time thing but there will be some drama with MJ coming up soon so stay tuned for that! THANK YOY FOR ALL THE READS!!! Please leave suggestions on how I should continue this book cause I don't want them in a relationship to quick cause i really don't want to end this book quickly!! But please leave comments and don't forget to vote!!!

word count: 1,210