"Reid Here."

General POV:

"Babe as much as I love you here I need some alone time with my chocolate thunder." Garcia said jokingly.

"I know I'm sorry for being a burden on you guys the last week Pen, I just can't be at home right now." Emily said back hugging her knees closer to her check on the technical analysts couch.

"Have you tried talking to her at all ever since the whole murder suspect thing?" Derek asked softly.

Emily simply shook her head no. She didn't try to, she knew of the things that tore apart happy families. One of them being well I don't know being convicted of murdering your wife's mom?

"You know I'll go see if I can hang with Spencer, or get a hotel I don't know." Emily said putting all of her things back into her go bag.

"Come on Em, everything going to be okay." Penelope said optimistically.

"When?" She asked walking out the door and closing it behind her.

It had been 2 weeks since the entire "being convicted of murdering your wife's mother" thing and Emily and JJ had not talked to on another once.

They were still going to work as usual, however Emily was given days off. The one day she decided to pop into work to pick up on some files so she didn't have that much work, she deeply regretted it.

The sight she saw broke her. Jennifer Jareau, her Jennifer was surrounded by a bunch of head strong "Alfa" males at the coffee machine. That wasn't even the worst part she was missing something that shattered Emily's heart completely. Her wedding ring.

Emily couldn't bare to part with hers, they weren't even divorced, but they weren't on speaking terms at the moment but still she was drawn to it like a magnet.

They made eye contact while Emily was getting her files and she quickly picked them up and ran out the door. Leaving behind a cocky JJ.
You might say it's fair game seeing as the little stunt Emily pulled with her ring in the interrogation room, but that was her way of saying she still loved JJ and she didn't commit the crime.

Anyone else however.

Would've seen it as a dark, cold, heartless act.
But of course Emily Prentiss was always told she was incapable of love...

[flashback]

Little Emilia Prentiss ran to her mother's office overjoyed about a letter she received. She was only in 2nd grade and got the worst talking to that would certainly haunt her for the rest of her life.

"Mommy! Mommy! Guess what!" An exasperated little Emilia Prentiss shouted as she ran into her mother's office.

"What is it Emilia?" Her mother replied back coldly.

"A boy in my class gave me a note and it asked if I would be his valentine." She giggled.

"Now why would you care about a pointless thing like that?" Her mother said bitterly.

"But-"

"Listen to me Emilia, you will NEVER find a husband that will actually love you. The only way you shall marry is if he's in it for money. Wanna know why? Because you are a spoiled cold hearted little brat that doesn't know what love is, let alone how to feel it!"

[end of flashback]

Emily's POV:

"You okay there darling?" A voice began to fade in as Emily thought about her mother's words.