Snow Days and Surprises (R.L.)

Warnings: swearing, mentions of food

Word count: 1.8k

---------

The pale white light emanating from the bedroom window had you groaning into your pillow. Light this pale meant one thing and one thing only: snow.

It wasn't to say that you didn't like snow; you did, you just preferred it through a window and not in a real-life situation where your socks could get wet.

You snuggle into the body behind you; grinning sleepily as the arms get tighter around you, holding you to them. You sigh happily at the feel of Remus against you.

All too soon though, you look at the clock, pushing down a cry when you see that there's five minutes until your alarm. You start to wriggle in Remus' arms, manoeuvring yourself so you don't wake him up as you start to begin your day. Reaching an arm out, you switch off the alarm prematurely, not needing the added shock of noise to your day.

The cold air makes you hiss as you pull the duvet covers from your body, getting ready to wing your legs out and run to the bathroom for a warm shower when a heavy leg presses you to the bed and a long arm pulls the duvet covers back over you.

"No, you can't get up. You're my prisoner for today."

You giggle, "I have to get up, I have to get ready for work."

Remus shakes his head as much as he can with it still laying on the pillow. "I refuse to let you go," squeezing your waist for emphasis.

You shift in his hold, turning your body so you can finally face the love of your life. His eyes remain closed despite being awake; he's hoping to drop back off into sleep once you settle back down into the warmth of his embrace.

As lightly as you possibly can, you trace the scars on his face. Running a finger over the bridge of his nose, the smooth of his skin countered with the puckered skin of the pale pink scar. Your finger traces the outline of mouth. Nose crinkling when Remus bites the pad of said finger.

"Since I'm your prisoner for the day, what do you plan to do with me?"

Remus rolls on top of you; balancing his weight on his hands but still pressing you into the mattress. "I can think of a few things," He murmurs, a smile taking over his face.

"Oh... I like where this is going."

Wrapping your arms around his neck, you pull him down for a kiss. Carding a hand through his hair, you enjoy the low throaty sound the feel of your hands evoke.

You smile against his lips before flipping the both of you, straddling his hips.

He huffs in surprise; his face a picture as he takes in this new position.

"Well this is new." Remus murmurs.

You hum, dropping a kiss to his chin, "Isn't it?"

For a while, you kiss. Letting the sun rise over the both of you; its rays warm but the air outside too cold for it to melt the settled snow.

Remus is warm underneath you as you continue to kiss. He smiles against your lips, letting himself enjoy this moment with you. His hand runs through your hair; the other on the small of your back.

You hum into his mouth, enjoying the feel of him against you.

You pull away, breathless from the kiss, "Okay then, jailer. What are the plans for today?"

Remus laughs at your nickname for him, grinning up at you. "I say we start with breakfast then take the day from there."

"Breakfast, you say, I like the sound of that. Will you be the one cooking?"