𝑅𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑦 𝐷𝑎𝑦

A week has gone by from the day Kenma kissed you. Since you aren't sure what to make of it, you decide it's best to move on and act like it never happened. However, the little voice in your head is doing everything in its power telling you that you 'don't want to date anybody right now,' especially when you're around Kenma, makes it hard to stop thinking about the event.

Right now as you're in practice with Kenma, you're struggling with the idea to talk to him about it. Unfortunately in the midst of your thoughts, Kenma tosses you a ball which you let hit your shoulder instead of receiving it properly.

"Y/N are you feeling okay?" Kenma asks from where he's standing, "you don't seem to be doing too well with your receives today."

You deadpan as his words hit you, not thinking you looked that distracted. But before you can come up with an answer to Kenma, you hear Nekomata-sensei shout, calling the team over.

"Alright guys," he says as he gives the group a serious look, "I need to end practice early today because of the rain. There's flooding in the forecast so I'd like to get back before I get stuck here with you losers, got it?"

I wonder if the girls' gym is open. I think Ritsu goes in sometimes with Mito on the days the girls don't hold official practices.

You look around the group of guys as they show mixed emotions for practice ending early except for a few of them. Lev, for example, looks like he's ready for a nap and Kenma just looks bored by the conversation. As you continue to analyze the group your eyes find Kuroo who looks like he's doing the potty dance.

During cleanup, you make your way over to Kuroo and help him take down the net.

"Thanks for the help Y/N!" he says cheerfully, "I'm so glad I can leave early today."

"Really? You're usually so happy to be at volleyball though."

"Yeah but, uh, there's something super important that I have to do. I'll see you next time."

As you say your goodbye to Kuroo he takes off to grab his bag. You laugh to yourself at his typical antics and walk over to Yaku who's still left cleaning up.

"Need help?" you ask as you approach him.

"Oh Y/N yeah if you don't mind that would be great!"

Yaku beams as you help him finish cleaning. Since you have been spending most of your time with Kenma, he was excited to finally get to talk to you again.

"By the way Y/N you've got to come over again sometime!"

"Of course I will! I'm sorry I haven't been with you guys as much lately."

Yaku notices the slight frown crossing your face and tries to cheer you up with his own big grin.

"Don't worry about it. It'll be worth the wait!"

Yaku gives you a big thumbs up and the pair of you walk over to your bags. You notice that the only ones left in the gym are you, Yaku, Kenma, Kai, and Lev.

"Yo Lev, Y/N said she's gonna come over again soon!" Yaku tells his friend as he gets close to him.

You notice Kenma's eyes look over at your friends as they begin to converse about you.

"That'd be great!" Lev happily smiles.

After the boys talk to you for a bit they say their goodbyes and leave the gym. You then walk over to your bag and pick it up.

"Ready to go?" Kai asks as he approaches you.

It didn't catch you off guard that Kai wanted to walk you home since that's been your typical routine lately. However today you were not planning on leaving with him.