𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑢𝑙𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

Friday morning, you walk through the halls towards your gym. However, the increasing volume of sounds from the boys' gym influences you to stop and take a peek.

As your eyes scan the gym and inevitably land on the familiar blond setter, you can't help but think about your conversation with him from the night before.

"I-I'm not trying to force a relationship on you and I don't want you to get the wrong idea."

"What relationship?"

As your eyes follow Kenma while he crosses the gym, your thoughts eat at your mind. You begin regretting saying all of those things to him, but it did just come out in the moment. And technically, none of it was a lie, but it wasn't completely true either.

"Ooo, what are ya looking at?" Taka asks as she peers past you into the gym.

"Nothing just can't believe they started practice way before us," you try to lie as a weak laugh escapes your mouth.

You walk away from the door and continue down your path to the girls' gym, hoping to avoid more questioning. Even though Taka was the least annoying of your friends, she was inclined to ask if you were okay, something you weren't prepared to answer.

"So is everything alright with you and Kenma?" Taka asks after she runs to catch up to you, "you seemed a little tense last night."

"I dunno," you groan while thinking back to that conversation with him, "I guess I'm just kinda confused to be honest."

Shocked that you gave a genuine answer to her question, Taka takes a moment to think of a good follow-up to help you.

"I-If you don't want to talk about it that's fine, but just know I'm here for you Y/N," she kindly remarks.

You stop as you approach the gym. After looking around to make sure Ritsuko isn't nearby to tease you, you decide to tell Taka what actually happened at dinner last night.

"W-Well even though I'd probably chicken out, I think you should talk to Kenma about it. A-And if not then maybe one of his friends can help you sort out your feelings because t-they know both of you better th-than I do."

"Wow," you reply, a bit shocked at her ability to give good advice, "thanks I think I know someone who might be a good choice to talk to."

"Oh it's nothing," she chuckles nervously, "I owed you anyway from, ya know, helping me with Akaashi."

That afternoon during lunch, you stand with a hungry stomach as the guys get first pick for the huge last-day lunch that your coach had to pay for

"Alright fuckers," your coach growls as she approaches both girls' teams, "you can get your food now, but just be thankful I'm letting you eat at all after disappointing me!"

Knowing your coach was dead serious about her anger from losing the big game yesterday, nobody talks back. You nod and quietly walk away before you can get singled out for your bad guess block that had cost the game.

After eating a bit of food, you search for a familiar tall, silver-haired male that you had grown to be close with. Once spotting him, you make your way through the crowd in hopes of a helpful conversation.

"Hey," you call out as you tap his shoulder.

Lev turns around, a smile quick to form on his face as he recognizes you.

"Yooo Y/N! You've gotta thank your coach for this food, it's so good!"

"Yeah, yeah, thanks for rubbing in the loss. But um, I was wondering if I could talk to you for a sec."

You look at the other guys nearby paying attention to your conversation.

"U-Um alone... if that's okay," you add as you turn your attention back to him.

Lev, stupidly, puts down his plate of food and grabs your hand to move you away from the crowd.

"Wait can I come, too?!" Yaku asks as the two of you leave and walk towards him.

"We'll be right back don't worry," you wave as you approach him.

"It's not fair that you're keeping secrets with Lev and not me," he whines.

You nudge Yaku on the shoulder and quietly tell him to stop making it weird. You and Lev then depart from the lunchroom into a quiet hallway.

"So what's up?" Lev asks as he looks down at you.

"Well, there's kinda two things I wanted to talk about now that I know we won't be interrupted," you laugh nervously.

Lev's face turns a light pink as your words get interpreted a bit differently in his mind.

"Oh, uh, Y/N, I don't think-"

"Not like that!" you quickly defend yourself, "I was actually going to ask if you had feelings for Yaku..."

Lev's face, now bright red, looks at you with extreme confusion.

"H-How did y-you know?"

"I kinda noticed something the first time I went to your dorm but I wasn't sure so I didn't want to make a big deal out of it."

"R-Right well anyway what was the other thing that you wanted to talk to me about?"

Well that was a quick conversation... Guess he's not ready for that conversation.

You begin to explain to Lev about your mixed feelings with Kenma, including what happened last night. Although you don't give him as many details as you did to Taka, he gets the point.

"Well if you ask me it kinda sounds like the only thing holding you back is your belief that you don't want a relationship... but it almost sounds like you do."

How your friends are able to see right through you, you'll never know.

"Lev," you groan as you throw your arms around his body, "I don't know what to do. Kenma just told me that he didn't want a relationship."

As you fight back tears while you bury your face in Lev's chest, he wraps his arms tightly around you to hug you back.

"Y/N, Kenma never said that he didn't want a-"

"Oi Lev stop hitting on Y/N. It's time to get back to practice!"

Shit, I kept him out here too long... Why did I complain so much?

"Alright," Lev responds to Kuroo as he lets you go, "I'll be right there."

As you look up into Lev's bright green eyes, you see the sympathy and worry he has for you.

"I'll be fine," you sniffle as you wipe your eyes, "but this conversation isn't over."

You stifle out a laugh as you remind Lev you won't easily forget about the short Yaku conversation you just had.

"Damn," Lev laughs as he grabs onto your hand, "I was really hoping that was enough."

"Helllll no," you smile as the two of you start walking back into the lunchroom.