𝑅𝑒𝑓𝑢𝑔𝑒 𝐵𝑎𝑟

"So basically that's why I needed to come out here," you say as you lift up whatever cocktail you just finished.

"I get that," your friend giggles, "I'm just glad that you thought of me."

"Of course, Taka," you hum, "besides we needed more time to hang out!"

Taka agrees and the two of you order another round of drinks from the bartender.

"Sorry I dragged you to a bar," you say to her once the bartender walks away, "I know you're not a big drinker."

"Oh, it's fine I don't mind since I'm with you but I-I thought you weren't either."

"Well," you shrug, "I guess I was wrong. It has been very helpful lately."

Once the bartender brings you your orders, you both decide to change conversations.

"So anyway... how's it going with Akaashi?!" you ask excitedly.

"Actually it's going really well! On Friday after you guys left he pulled me aside and said he wanted to take me on a real date."

"Ahh!" you yell a bit too loudly "Taka that's so awesome!"

"Shh," she hums as she looks around a bit, "you're so loud, why are you such a lightweight?!"

"Sorry, but are the two of you like officially dating now?!"

"W-Well not officially because he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend or anything," Taka chuckles awkwardly, "but I guess soon?"

Even though the rest of her statement comes off as a question, you can't help but feel anything but joy for your friend.

Taka then thanks you for all of your help and you let her know you were happy to do so.

"Man," you groan once finishing your drink, "I wish I could take my own advice."

You proceed to explain to your friend that you really think you messed things up with Kenma. Taka listens, quietly rubbing your back as you let your emotions spill into the empty glasses before you.

"I'm such an idiot," you groan.

"Don't worry about it too much, Y/N, you're going to find someone great. And like you said a while back, you don't need to wait around for him!"

"You're right," you respond as you continue to sadly stare at the counter before you, "I didn't even want to date anyone but then he had to come along and fuck everything up for me."

Taka hums along to your statement, knowing how you felt when you first met her. Her hand gently falls off of you as she leans away. When you look up, you notice her eyes darting around the bar as if she was looking for someone specific.

"Who are you-"

"There!" she whispers as she nods to something slightly behind you.

As you turn around, you see a man with shoulder-length brown hair sitting at the bar alone. You also take note of the guitar case beside him.

"Guitar guy?" you ask as you turn back to your friend.

"Yeah, he looks c-cute, you should go i-introduce yourself to him!" she stutters as she glances back over at him.

"Taka," you groan "is that really a good idea?"

"Why not," she shrugs, "you're trying to get over Kenma anyway."

I guess she's right...

You look over again at the man Taka picked out for you.

"God where did you get this burst of confidence from recently," you tease as you turn back to your friend.

"You," she shrugs as though the answer was obvious.

"U-Uh... seriously?! But I'm literally struggling to go talk to a stranger."

"Come on Y/N you're just stalling now gooooo!"

"Okay, okay!" you say as you stand up and fix your skirt, "I'll go!"

You begin walking over to the stranger, giving yourself a pep talk on your way over.

Okay Y/N you can do this just go over there and say something cute?!

However, the only things you can think to say stem from one of Kuroo or Yaku's horrible pick-up lines.

You take a deep breath, trying to relax and clear your mind before testing out another line in your head.

Didn't I used to be good at this stuff before I met those stupid boys?! It really shouldn't be a big deal.

"Are you a parking ticket? Cuz' you've got fine written all over you!"

I can't believe how much those idiots have influenced me already.

Finally approaching your target, you sit beside the man and order a drink from the bartender.

"Cosmo, eh?" the target initiates.

"Hm?" you murmur as he interrupts your thoughts about how to begin talking to him, "Oh, yeah! What've you got?"

The man picks up his drink and takes a sip from it before showing it to you.

"Long Island Iced Tea," you both say simultaneously.

Why do I know that?!

"You like them?" he chuckles after hearing you speak at the same time as him.

"Yeah I shoulda gotten one," you respond defeatedly.

"I'll order you one," he shrugs.

When the bartender comes back with your drink, the man beside you orders the two drinks; one for you and one for him.

"My name's Aoba by the way," he says as he stretches out his hand.

"Nice to meet ya, I'm L/N, Y/N, but just Y/N is fine," you reply as you shake his hand.

The two of you spend a while talking. You're surprised that you were able to actually have a good conversation with the guy.

After you've finished your drink, you let him know you've left your friend alone for too long.

"Ah okay, well I'll see you around Y/N," Aoba says politely as he grabs your hand and kisses it.

Shocked, you stumble for words until you can finally return the sentiment.

"Sooo," Taka asks when you get back to her, "how'd it go?"

"Fine," you shrug as you sit beside your friend, "he was nice I guess."

"Well it looked more than fine from here," she giggles as she nudges your arm.

"I let you spend too much time around my teammates," you groan, "besides I didn't even get his number."

Taka deadpans at your announcement.

"..."

"Seriously?!"