𝐸𝑥𝑡𝑟𝑎 𝑃𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑒

God, Kuroo's such a cockblock.

The next day during your practice in the boys' gym, you practice with Lev and Yaku since Kuroo has stolen Kenma for most of the day.

I just want to be around him because he's a good setter and I'm here to practice my setting with him.

You try to reassure yourself that the only reason you remotely care about being near Kenma is because of his ability to help you improve your volleyball skills. Although you did find him attractive and enjoyed your arrangement with him outside of practice, you found yourself wondering if there was something more to it than that.

"Y/N did you hear me?" Yaku asks, taking you out of your thoughts.

"Hm?"

"I'm gonna grab water so take a break for a sec alright?"

You nod and as he walks away, Lev takes the moment to chat with you.

"Oh Y/N remember the other day you were going to ask me something? Is everything alright?"

You vaguely remember trying to talk to Lev about Yaku before being interrupted.

"It's nothing big," you shrug, "I just noticed a couple of times that when Yaku would-"

Your sentence gets cut off again while trying to confront Lev about his feelings, this time by Kenma.

"Y/N I'm ready to practice with you when you are," Kenma's indifferent voice calls to you.

You look over at Lev who gives you a worried look before smiling.

"It's alright I'll just talk to you later. I'm just glad everything's okay."

You nod and walk off with Kenma.

"Y/N?" you hear Kenma's familiar voice call to you as you start to clean up the gym

"Before you go can I go over a quick play with you?"

As you're about to answer, Kuroo shows up next to his friend.

"Goin on a date, lovebirds?" he teases as he pats Kenma's hair.

"No!" you and Kenma both yell to Kuroo, your rebuttal a bit louder than the other.

"I just asked Y/N to go over something with me really quick," Kenma restates to his roommate.

As most of the team starts leaving, you and Kenma clean up what you aren't going to need, such as the volleyball cart.

"Kenma why am I putting away the one thing I'm sure that we need?"

Kenma rolls his eyes and instructs you to just listen to what he's previously told you to do. After a bit of cursing under your breath for Kenma being 'an annoying little shit," you obey what he's told you.