𝐷𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝐴𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑃𝑎𝑖𝑛

Later that night you find yourself falling asleep in your bed. The only noise that can be heard comes from the television show you're watching on your laptop. As you begin to fall asleep, a loud buzzing from under your pillow jolts you awake.

Tilting your body slightly, you reach under your pillow and grab your phone from where it was hiding. As the bright light hits your face, you squint your eyes and see Lev's name appear on the screen.

     LEV: Y/N! There's another party tn by my dorm! You down to come?

     Y/N: Sure I guess... I wasn't doing anything anyway.

You then take a moment to message Ritsuko, knowing that if you went to a party that you didn't tell her about, she'd get all sad.

Even though early sleep was probably best for your wellbeing, you didn't really care. After what you saw earlier that afternoon and the way you've been feeling lately, maybe drinking would actually be a good plan for once.

Ritsuko eventually responds, saying that she'll meet you at the party since she's going to go a bit later. You then throw on some clothes and plan to head towards Lev's dorm to meet up with him before going to the party.

Once you get to Lev's, he and Yaku immediately drag you back out into the hallway.

"I can't wait!" Yaku beams as the three of you walk through the hallway, "man I wanna get hammered!"

"Y-Yaku you probably should take it easy," Lev adds, "you've been getting 'hammered' a lot lately."

"Ah whatever, mom, I'll be fine!"

Yaku then peels you away from Lev and drags you down the hall with him.

As soon as the three of you get inside the party Yaku disappears, saying something about having to thank his friend for hosting again.

"Hey," you look up at Lev beside you, "I need a drink."

Flashing him a smile, you put your hand in his and walk to where you remember the small barlike area was in the common room.

"You sure you want to drink Y/N?" Lev asks worriedly, "you're usually hesitant about this kind of stuff."

You shrug at his question. The only thing that was on your mind right now was drowning out all your feelings of Kenma.

Lev reluctantly gives in, allowing you to take a few shots from whatever was the closest bottle of alcohol to you.

"Yo Y/N's drinking!" Yaku yells as he appears from behind the counter, "I'm surprised!"

You look between Yaku and his friend beside him. Thinking that's probably the party host, you give them both a thumbs up.

"You going to practice tomorrow?" Yaku adds.

"Mhm," you nod, "I'll be fine though don't worry about me. Besides you're the one who said you were going to get hammered!"

"Ahh... haha... did I?" he says as he rubs the back of his neck, "well maybe not too hammered, then..."

You roll your eyes at Yaku's usual indecisiveness. Finishing up the shot you had, you talk to Lev, Yaku, and the host for a little while before they depart. You decide to stay and sit by yourself for awhile until another sits beside you.

"Hey," you say weakly as you look at your friend beside you.

"You alright?" the familiar man asks.

"Of course I am, Kai-chan," you smile.

The two of you sit together for a little while making small conversation until the alcohol finally hits you.

"Umm," you hum as you try to figure out the right words to say to him, "I'm sorry for last time we were here. I shouldn't have led you on like that and I was pretty drunk."

Kai chuckles at the way your sentence falls out and the pouty look you have on your face. He knows that you're being sincere, but can't help himself at the way you're acting.

"I think you're pretty drunk right now, too," he teases.

"Ah shut up," you groan.

You feel your phone buzz from your pocket. Taking it out, you see the blurry word 'KENMA' light up on the bright screen.

"Goddammit," you whisper to yourself.

Opening your phone, you see that Kenma has texted you to ask if you're free right now.

You hear the word 'no' ring in your brain so you begin typing out the message to him. However, the sentence that follows definitely not what you had in mind.

     Y/N: Ya whatvr meet me in my dorm

Yeah, the message was vague, but you figured he got the point. After telling Kai that you need to use the bathroom, you get up and leave. Internally apologizing to your friends who you didn't even get to see that night, you exit the party and slip back to your own dorm building.

"Fuck," you mumble as you lightly crash into a wall, "damn walls always in the way..."

As you push yourself off the wall, you see a familiar male standing outside your room. While you get close to him, you notice the displeased look on his face. Eyes widening as he sees the state you're in, Kenma looks you up and down and realizes where you've just come from.

Kenma grabs your room pass from you and opens the door. As he quickly ushers you in, he stabilizes you against his own weight.

"Y/N I think it might be best if you get some sleep," he says to you ask he walks you towards your bed.

"W-Why?" you mutter, "I'm not tired."

With no response, Kenma helps you onto your bed. You watch as he lands a kiss on your cheek and tells you once more to get some rest. As you try to come up with an excuse for him to stay, he quietly exits the room, leaving you alone.

"Fucking Kenma," you groan as you put a pillow over your head, "What the hell even just happened?"

You allow silent tears to fall from your eyes as you question why you have to have feelings for the stupid man who just left you alone after saying he wanted to be with you.

Once more tonight, your phone buzzes. However this time, the message is from Kai.

 However this time, the message is from Kai