𝐸𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

"Ritsuko!"

The sound of the volleyball hitting the ground echoes around the gym.

Followed by silence.

Then a whistle.

And loud cheers coming from the audience.

"Y/N!!" Ritsuko screams as she runs to you, "we did it!"

You feel your body get knocked around by your teammates crowding around you and your captain. Loud cheering bounces into your ears and your brain. You can hardly believe that you just won your second game.

You look over at the Karasuno girls' team and wonder if they'll be any tougher next year. You know that your team is definitely a new force to be reckoned with after all of the practice your teammates have been putting in.

"Come on!" you call to Ritsuko once you're allowed to leave, "hurry up!"

You and Ritsuko gather your belongings and entrust them to your teammates before taking off to another gym where a game is still going on.

The two of you find an empty spot in the stands and watch the boys' Nekoma vs. Fukurodani game. It's about tied, but Nekoma is a bit ahead and the game is coming to an end.

"Hey Ritsu how come Mito didn't come with us? Isn't she close to Yamamoto still?"

Ritsuko lets out an exasperated sigh before replying to your question.

"They're both moving at an impossibly slow speed ever since that one-night stand and then both realized they caught feelings for each other. I dunno what's going through that girl's head. She'll probably show up out of nowhere."

So that's what happened between them...

You and Ritsuko watch the boys perform well in the last few minutes of the game, resulting in their victory over Fukurodani.

In the moment of silence following the winning ball dropping on Fukurodani's side of the court, Ritsuko's loud voice echoes through the gym and catches the attention of the crowd around you.

Following in her steps the rest of the audience cheers for the team, including yourself.

You look across the gym and see Kenma struggling from being suffocated by Kuroo's embrace as the others jump around nearby.

"Kuroo!!" Ritsuko yells as she leans dangerously close to the ledge.

"You're gonna fall!" you warn your friend as you pull her away, "Let's just go down to see them, okay?"

"Yes, come on Y/N what are you waiting for?"

Ritsuko grabs your hand and leads you to closer to the court. As you approach the team, you see Mito already with Yamamoto.

Wow, Ritsu was spot on with what she said before.

Ritsuko brings you over to where Kuroo's standing and finally lets go when she gives him a hug. You mouth "aw" to Kuroo while your friend's back is faced towards you, resulting in an eyeroll from him.

"You know, Y/N Kenma's around here somewhere. You don't have to stand here gawking at us," he teases.

"Alright hotshot I came here to congratulate you but whatever."

You turn around to look for Kenma but before you can take a step, two sets of arms pull you backwards into their embrace.

"I'm sure you and Ritsuko did really good too," Kuroo laughs, "you did win right?"

"Of course we did!" Ritsuko beams, "Y/N was the best setter we could ask for thanks to you guys."

"Well what can I say, I'm a great teacher," Kuroo boasts.