24: Taynara Conti

The impact of something (or someone, rather) landing on your midsection awakes you from sleep the next morning.

Your eyes flutter open and you see Tegan lying across you while looking back with a cocky smile. She has the nerve to comment on the situation, "Morning sunshine!"

"Ow," you reply dumbly, slipping your feet out from underneath her. She watches with that unwavering smile as you will yourself out of bed and shuffle over to your dresser. Ever since Alexa moved in, it's been covered in her random things. The tour in Japan only made things worse, too.

As you begin to put your t-shirt on, a pair of arms wrap around you and Tegan whispers, "Any chance we can, y'know... enjoy ourselves for a little bit?"

You turn around and embrace Tegan, but before it can get too heated you mournfully reply, "Believe me, I want to, but we've got stuff to do today."

"Please (Y/N)?" she begs, clinging onto you and giving you the puppy dog eyes. You want to give in and fuck her so bad, but you manage to contain yourself.

"You know I want to Tegan, but you know how we are. A quickie ends up being all night."

"You're no fun," she pouts, letting go of you and walking towards the door. She stops in the doorway and turns to you, waiting for you to join her.

"I'll make it up to you tomorrow morning, I promise!"

"Oh, I'm sure Mr. Popular. C'mon, we ought to be leaving soon; wouldn't want to keep Dakota waiting."

After a few more minutes of readying up and eating enough random food to call a meal, you join Tegan out in the car and you begin to drive towards the airport. It still sucks knowing that you went from the Universal Champion to just another NXT guy.

A FEW HOURS LATER

"So how are you holding up recently?" Tegan asks, looking over at you with her expression full of worry. With the sex you two have had recently, it's easy to forget that she's your best friend.

"I'll be fine as long as I've got friends like you," you reply honestly as you pull into the parking lot. The two of you grab your stuff and you toss the keys to the valet guy.

"Are you sure, (Y/N)? I mean, you got demoted all the way down to the bottom..."

"I'm still on TV, aren't I? Don't worry about me Tegan, I'm a big boy now." Not two seconds later, you are nearly tackled by Dakota Kai, your best friend's lady friend.

"Hey (Y/N)!" she squeals excitedly, only backing off when Tegan starts cracking up.

"Missed you too," you chuckle, and she blushes deeply.

"You can sleep with me until the tour is over."

"Nuh uh, he's sleeping with me," Tegan interjects, and the two girls walk away playfully bickering. They wave goodbye to you and you wave back.

A LITTLE WHILE LATER

You're sitting on a box scrolling through your phone when you notice Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae walking towards you. You greet them both with a bear hug.

"Well if it isn't the man of the hour," laughs Johnny, looking you up and down to admire how you've changed. Candice does the same, but she probably does it for a different reason.

"It'd be cool if it was for anything else."

"Look on the bright side! At least you're bigger than Johnny," Candice jokes, elbowing you in the gut. It doesn't really seem like that much of a joke, though... Johhny, who was only half paying attention, perks up at the playful insult.