36: Dana Brooke

A pair of headlights flash in your direction further up the road. It's the middle of nowhere, but you park next to the car and get out. Waiting for you is Dana Brooke, and she's hungry for information.

"So what did she tell you?" she asks, eyeing you suspiciously. Dana thinks you're going to lie to her, and she right to think so. Why would you tell an enemy anything of importance?

"Why should I tell you? You'll just tell Charlotte."

"No I won't. I want her gone just as much as everyone else does." That's a pretty good point. At this point Dana has already made it very clear that she doesn't like Charlotte all that much. To her, Dana is nothing more than a meat shield.

"Fine. She wants me to make Charlotte fall in love with me," you confess, and she looks furious. This clearly isn't what she wanted to hear.

"That's it? But Charlotte already loves you!" she replies angrily, kicking up dust in frustration. If only you had better info to give her... alas, Sasha doesn't trust you with the next part of the plan.

"Love and lust aren't the same thing," you say, staring off into the distance at nothing in particular, "Love requires trust, and Charlotte doesn't trust me any further than she can throw me."

"Okay, so how do you do that? Fuck her until she falls head-over-heels for you?"

"Yup," for step One, it's a risky play. If Charlotte discovers any connection between the two of you, she'll dispose of you and things will be ruined. If it works though, she will have fallen for you so hard that she won't notice you working against her right under her nose. High risk, high reward.

"Well, it's something. If only we knew more of her plan..."

"I can guess what she's thinking: I gain access into Charlotte's personal life, then I get blackmail. I deliver said blackmail to Sasha, and she uses it to knock Charlotte off as the 'queen' of Raw." That's the only logical conclusion you can come up with. Why else would Sasha want you to be that close to Charlotte?

"By the way, Charlotte wants to see you tomorrow. Be there by 6 PM," she says, and she gets back into her car before you can reply, You watch angrily as Dana drives into the sunset. Why does it always have to be you that deals with this shit?

THE FOLLOWING NIGHT

"You're late," Dana says, looking at her phone to confirm it. What, is Charlotte going to kill you for a five minute delay?

"Traffic was bad in the city," you retort, but Dana merely shrugs. You doubt she'll even bother to pass the message on to her boss.

"Not my problem."

She tells you to get a move on. After all, you don't want to keep Charlotte waiting longer than necessary. On the way into the house you spot someone sitting alone by the pool; is that Sonya Deville? Another thing you notice is the lack of Mandy.

"Hey Sonya," you say cheerfully, but she doesn't seem to appreciate the hello.

"Hi (Y/N)."

"If you don't mind me asking, where's Mandy? I thought you two were like inseparable or something," you say, and instead of getting angry like you thought she would, she just looks defeated.

"We had a falling out, so now I'm Charlotte's bodyguard," she sighs. Bodyguard? You should have figured, seeing how important Charlotte has made herself.

"Why work for her?"

"She pays well and is willing to provide for my... other needs." Charlotte lets Sonya have sex with her? Man, she'll really do anything to stay on top of Raw, even if it means fucking someone for personal gain.