40: Carmella

You pull into Sasha's driveway and get out of your car, slamming the door behind you. Sasha opens the front door curiously and seems happy to see you.

"It's been a while, (Y/N)," she says cheerfully, eyeing you up and down hungrily. As much as you'd love to spend the night with her, there are more important things to deal with.

"Charlotte knows."

"How? Only you and a few others know." Sasha sounds confident in her friends' loyalty, so it's going to break her heart to hear what you have to say next:

"Bayley snitched."

"That can't be right. She would never turn on me like that."

"I wouldn't have believed it either, but it came out of her own mouth."

"If she really does know, that means you'll have to take her down tonight. If not, she's gonna silence all of us. You, me, your housemates, and anyone else involved." The mention of the girls causes your fists to instinctively clench. You're protective of all of them... each of them is more than just a friend to you. You have a unique and very personal relationship with all of them. The idea of any of them getting hurt because of you is enough to fuel what you need to do now.

"I need your help."

"Even if I could, I wouldn't. It was supposed to be me and Bayley at the top, but it's pretty clear I'm not cut out for the role. I can't even keep my friends."

"So what do I do? We can't just let Charlotte stay in power."

"She's cocky enough to let you back into her home. She probably thinks she can still win you over. Get close and take her out, or we're all fucked. Good luck, (Y/N)." She kisses you gently and sends you on your way, so you head back to Charlotte's house. It's the middle of the night now; as long as you're sneaky, you can get back into the mansion without any resistance.

You park the car silently outside the gate and get out. You notice Dana sitting there, looking a little battered and bruised.

"What happened?" you ask, bending down to inspect her wounds. She swats you away and uses your arm to pull herself up.

"Once I found out your cover was blown, I helped Becky and Taynara escape. Charlotte found out, so she and Bayley kicked my ass and kicked me to the curb. I called an Uber."

"Help me take her down, Dana," you say, pointing towards the gate, :We can end this madness together. No one else has to get hurt."

"No. I did you one favor, (Y/N), and look where it got me. I'm done."

"Dana..."

"I don't even want to be queen anymore. It's not worth all this suffering... good luck." You kiss her passionately and enter through the gate, looking at the mansion with disgust. Waiting inside is everything you want to destroy. You look off to the side and see someone sitting on the lawn. You over to them and discover it's Candice, dressed normally.

"What did you do?" she asks with a smile, looking towards the gate. Dana was never nice to Candice, so it's no surprise that she's not upset that Dana got kicked out.

"You know Charlotte's the bad guy, right?" you ask cautiously, and she looks at you with an offended look on her face.

"I knew the whole time; I just didn't have anywhere else to go."

"Help me take her down and you can come live with me." Desperate times call for desperate measures... and besides, she's better now. Before all the bullshit went down, the two of you were really good friends.