19: Io Shirai

"Ugh..." 

You groan as your alarm wakes you, and you fumble with your phone to shut it off. A look at your clock tells you that you that there's only an hour left before you have to be at tonight's event, and the drive itself is going to be a half an hour. Maria is still asleep at your side, and you nudge her with your leg. 

She stirs but only turns away from you and mumbles, "I wanna sleep..."

"Maria, it's a half-hour drive and we gotta be there in an hour."

"WHAT?!"

Maria is much quicker to rise now, and within twenty minutes the two of you are ready to go. Tonight she's dressed in a cute blue dress with her hair done nicely (a bit of make up? Yeah, why not). The woman's gorgeous. You're dressed in your ring attire, covered by some casual clothes.

"So (Y/N), are you ready for your first match of the tour?" Maria asks sweetly as you drive to the arena. You take a minute to think about that, and it's tough. Will you crush it? Oh, of course. There's no question. However, do you want to? No.

"Not really, I guess. I didn't want to come all the way out to Japan just so I could crush the same guys I was already beating back in the US," you reply downheartedly, and she nods sympathetically. The difference is, both her and Mike came to get squashed. The story is that Mike's eventually going to get pissed that Maria's hanging out with you, and he's going to try and defend his honor. In the meantime, Maria's also going to lose a match to some random girl getting a push. At least, that's what you think is going to happen.

"Well, you'll do fine as long as I'm your sidekick."

"I fuckin' hope so."

AFTER THE SHOW

The turnout of fans for this show was incredible. You mingle with as many of them as possible before Triple H pulls you aside into the backstage area. Are you in some kind of trouble?

Worry sets in as you fear the worst. What if word got out about what you've been doing with the girls in your free time? That's kind of a no-no, even by WWE standards. If a superstar is dating another superstar, fine. Whatever.

If a male superstar is fucking (and possibly impregnating) every female superstar he meets, then that's a problem, eh?

"What's the issue Hunter?" you ask nervously. You were never good with confrontation, and really you aren't any better now.

"Nothing major, but Vince wants to see you after you get changed. I think it's something about that scar," he replies, and then he walks off after giving you a light pat on the shoulder. It's comforting to know that he has no knowledge of your frisky nature, but the idea that you might have to snitch on Becky is rough. You won't tell him the truth unless he makes you.

You're about to open the door to Vince's office when suddenly Io comes EXPLODING out of it, followed by a very stressed Stephanie McMahon.

"Come on, Io! Let's talk this out!" Stephanie calls after her, but Io is long gone. With no other options, she turns to you and asks you to go talk to her.

"Why me? I just came to talk to Vince."

"I'll explain the situation to him, but somebody needs to talk to her. A fellow talent will probably be better at that then her boss, and you seem to have a way with the ladies."

The last part shakes you up so bad that you dart off to find Miss Shirai. After a thorough search of the building and the evasion of a few lingering fans, you conclude that she's not inside. Defeated, you sit down on the ground with your back propped up against the wall.