16: Becky Lynch and Dakota Kai

The afternoon was quiet, and otherwise boring. Ruby, Sarah, and Renee all went home, and you were sitting around with nothing you wanted to do. Dinner has passed by now, and you notice Becky tying her shoes off to the side.

"Where are you off to?" you ask casually, hoping she's going somewhere interesting. You've been dying for an excuse to leave now that the storm's died down.

"The bar. Join me?" she replies with a wink, and you shoot up from the couch. You get ready to go and hop into the passenger seat of her car. As she drives, she begins to talk.

"Sooo... what's your favorite drink?" she asks, and you let out a thoughtful sigh. This isn't a question you debate often.

"I'm not much of a drinker, I guess."

"Oh come on, you've gotta have some sort of preference!"

"Okay, fine. If I had to choose, it's probably (Fav Alcoholic Drink)."

Becky looks over at you and smiles, as if you just shared some embarrassing secret with her. Like, she knows you don't keep alcohol in the house. Even if you had any, it would now be gone thanks to her. She drank her entire reserve in one night and is now miserable because of it.

"Just don't get too drunk, (Y/N)," Becky said cheekily as she parks and you both get out of the car. Upon first glance, this isn't some high-end joint. As far as star rating goes, this has to be a 3 star place. It's somewhere a celebrity would go so as to not get recognized.

The interior is nice, put together like some of the pubs you've seen in Ireland (the memories make you shudder), but you like the vibe. Becky, who looks like a biker, fits right in. She's got your drinks as soon as you've sat down at the table.

"C'mon, don't just sit there! Let's play darts or something!" Becky says after downing her whisky. (I've seen people from the US spell it 'whiskey', but in Canada, we spell it like 'whisky'. Deal with it.) You're perfectly content with just sitting and sipping on your drink, though.

"You know," you reply slowly, smacking your lips after taking a drink, "Alcohol is actually a depressant. In theory, bars are supposed to be laid back and chill, like coffee shops. The caffeine in coffee, however, makes it a stimulant. So the whole system is ass-backwards."

"Huh. Well, come on, we're playing pool." She takes you by the hand and brings you to the pool table. She stacks the balls and you grab cues.

"I'm pretty sure I can beat you," you say confidently, breaking the stack. You manage to sink a solid ball, so you get to go again. The next shot's a miss, but you've still got the edge.

The game goes on, and it finally boils down to you with two left and Becky on the 8 ball. She pockets it easily and turns to you, standing victorious. The smug look on her face lets you know exactly what's coming next.

"'I'm pretty sure I can beat you'," she mocks, doing an impression of you. Your voice fed through and Irish girl doesn't sound half bad. Unfortunately, her impression of you is at your own expense.

"Oh, just shut it," you grumble, leaning back against the pool table. It's a good thing that no one here recognizes you, because otherwise... no, it's unbearable. A leaked video of the L Becky just handed you would be devastating. The thought of it sends shivers down your spine. Imagine all the fans you'd lose if they found out that you lost a game of pool to Becky Lynch.

"Lighten up, (Y/N)! Here, have a sip of the happy sauce." Becky offers you her whisky, and you hesitantly take a sip. It's all you can do to not spit it out and vomit. The shit's disgusting, but you  down it like a champ.

"Ugh."

"Oh fer Christ's sake, man! Stop being so negative! Here, let's have some fun." Becky turns and walks away to the other side of the bar, a more crowded one. She ducks behind a person and chucks a half-full beer bottle like a Molotov. It shatters against a burly dude's back, and he stands up furiously.