Chapter- 15

Difficult time's going on guys. Please stay at your homes and stay safe!

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Sharanya's POV-

After the puja was completed, all of us had lunch. Dad had arranged buffet in the lawn for everyone.

" Maasi, can you give me that ice cream?" Ronak asked, pulling my saree pallu a little. Ritwik was also with him.

" Of course my baby. Ritwik, do you want one too?" I asked, and he nodded so cutely.

" Okay....ice cream for these two little guys." I said, handing both of them each cup. They flashed a smile at me and ran away, probably to play.

" Careful kids." I called after them but they didn't listen. Kids, I tell you.

" Chinku....are you done eating?" Riya di asked me as I walked to where she was standing with jiju and dad. Mom was somewhere socializing with the aunties along with Hridansh's mom.

" Yes ma'am." I mocked a salute to her, continuing to sip my coke.

" Which glass are you on?" She asked, frowning and gave me a motherly look.

" 1st." I lied, gulping. A mistake I always make while lying.

" Why do you even try lying?" She mocked me, rolling her eyes and took the cup out of my hand.

" DIi! That's my drink. Go and get your own." I objected and tried to reach for the cup but she further pulled it away from me.

" This is your 5th cup of coke. Do you want to fall sick?" She asked, like was almost scolding. Dad approved of what di did. Huh...traitor!

" What is going on here?" Ragini bhabhi made her way to where we were standing along with Hritik bhaiya and Hridansh.

" Just trying to stop a tragedy in the making. Sharanya here is crazy for coke and if not controlled, will go on and on, eventually falling sick." Di told bhabhi and I frowned. Why did she have to complain about me to anyone. This is not fair in the slightest!

" So what if I like coke? Not that I'm having something illegal." I defended myself.

" Soft drinks should be illegal. They are really really terrible for you." Came Hridansh's smart reply.

" Umm...don't you think you should be on my side sir?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him and placed my hands on my waist.

" This is me being on your side." He replied, shrugging his shoulders and I gave a massive eye roll to him. One more coke police.

" Come on, it's not that she drinks it everyday. Di, here you go." Apoorv came in, offering me a glass.

I looked around, Riya di, dad and Hridansh were looking at me skeptically but I decided to do what I wanted to do and took the glass from Apoorv and walked away with him, sipping coke. He is right. I do not drink daily and deserve this consideration.

Post lunch, we were allowed to rest for a while. Monika and Tarini were with me in my room as I got out of the saree and back to my pajamas.

" By the way.....when puja was going on, something else only was going on between the two of you." Monika was the first one to comment. Both of them had seen Hridansh kissing my cheek.

" What?" I asked, feigning innocence and looked away.

" You bloody well know what. Don't make us say it." Tarini joined in, jumping on the bed as I rolled my eyes.

Muttering a whatever, I joined them and pulled the comforter on me.

" I am going to take a short nap girls. You both are free to do whatever." I made my plans clear.