Chapter- 9

Difficult time's going on guys. Please stay at your homes and stay safe!

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Sharanya's POV-

The time when I woke up, the headache was gone but I still wasn't fresh. It felt like I could sleep for ten more hours but then I decided against it because if I sleep so much right now, I won't get one ounce of sleep at night, disturbing my sleep cycle again altogether.

I decided to go out and explore for sometime. Maybe visit my college and a few friends. After all, this is where I had spent my precious four years in University of Melbourne.

This city and I had a very special connection. Visiting here was like visiting home.

As I changed to something casual, there was a knock at the door.

" Coming." I called out and immediately pulled my top on and opened the door.

It was Hridansh.

" Heyy....what's up?" I asked. I had suddenly got into a very cheerful mood. Maybe it was because I was going to my college.

" Hi, how is your headache and where are you off to?" He asked, scanning me from up to down.

" Headache is all gone, thanks to the medicine that you gave me and I am off to visiting my college!" I exclaimed as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

" You've done your college from Melbourne?" He asked and I nodded.

" Okay Ms. Patel, there are a lot of things we don't know about each other and I don't plan on keeping things that way. Have dinner with me?" He asked with those eyes. How could I say no?

" I'll love to!" I replied, smiling a little.

" Okay then, be ready by 7:30. I'll pick you then and Sharanya, I don't think that you should go anywhere out right now. Lay low for a while or the paparazzi will find you and then start asking questions you may feel uncomfortable to answer." He said.

Technically, what he was saying was absolutely correct. I had totally forgotten about the whole fiasco. My only tension were mom and dad. How will they react after seeing all those tabloids. I am so screwed.

" Sharanya? What is going on in that mind of yours?" I heard someone address me.

I suddenly looked to find out that it was Hridansh only. I had zoned out.

" Ohh....nothing. You are right. I'd rather be here for now. I am just worried about my parents after they see all that." I told him honestly.

" Sharanya, I am ready to get married to you and so are you. I have told mom about it and I know that she has already talked to your parents regarding the same because Apoorv informed me about the same sometime ago. You have absolutely nothing to worry about." He clarified in a calmest manner possible.

" Umm....they know?" I asked like a stupid.

He just chuckled at my reaction while nodding his head.

" Hridansh, I am going to ask this to you once more. Are you sure that you want to marry me and you are not doing it out of some family pressure? Because if so, tell me. I will totally understand." I don't know why but even saying these words caused a weird ache in my heart. What the hell?

" Sharanya, I am as sure about marrying you as sure I am about winning this series." He replied, as he tucked a loose strand of hair which had come to my face.

His words just did something to me, making me go all red. Damn the freaking shyness!!

" I'll see you at 7:30 then. Right now, there is a team meeting I need to be a part of." I told me and I nodded as he walked away.