Chapter- 12

Sharanya's POV-

The rest of the week went by just like this. India won two ODI's out of the three and the last was due. Their PR manager was back yesterday and my shoot had wrapped up too so I was returning to India tomorrow. All this while, it was a fun time with the boys and Ritika. Hridansh and I had made a routine to go for little walks in the evening and we enjoyed it. It was like getting to know each other. I had realized that family and friends held utmost importance in his life and I respected him so much for the very same reason.

As I was packing my bags, there was a knock on the door. I went to open it to find Hridansh standing.

" Hey, come in." I invited him in and he walked as I shut the door.

" All packed?" He asked, looking around.

" Majorly, just a few things left." I replied and continued to fold the last lot of my clothes.

" Why don't you go after a few days? You know, just take off of work." He suggested looking so cute that I couldn't stop myself from chuckling.

" I cannot....there are a few work commitments in Mumbai and then mom has called me to Ahmedabad for the whole engagement shopping. So I have to go." I replied, sitting next to the suitcase.

" Okay then, I guess I'll see you after two weeks." He replied, sitting next to me as I nodded.

" Also, I am going to get a blue dress for the engagement." I said, not looking at him, smiling.

" I am so looking forward to seeing you in it then Ms. Patel." He replied, playfully.

It was late night and he went back to his room. I was done packing and took to bed.

...................................................................

The next morning, my alarm woke me up. My flight was at 11. I freshened up and went to the reception to check out. It was Hridansh's rest day so I didn't wake him up but as I went out, I saw him standing next to me.

" Leaving without saying bye?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

" I thought you were asleep. Didn't want to wake you up." I replied, honestly.

" You thought I'll let you go without seeing you?" He sounded, offended?

" But Hridansh, it is your rest day." I took a more practical approach.

" Sharanya, you want to miss your flight?" He asked, a little sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

" Bye!" I said as the cab arrived.

" Fly safe and inform me once you've reached." He said, holding my hand and giving me a smile.

" You take care of yourself and win!" I exclaimed as he held the door open for me.

I slipped in and he then shut the door. I waved him goodbye as the car started.

In the next few hours, I was in Mumbai. I called mom and informed her that I had reached and dropped a text to Hridansh about the same as he had ordered me to do and then went to bed after fixing something to eat for myself. I was supposed to work this whole week and then fly to Ahmedabad on Monday and stay there till Wednesday, then come back and go back the week next to that for the engagement.

To be honest, everything had started to feel surreal. A while back, I was so against the idea of getting married but now it seems normal, happy if I may dare say. Maybe, it's something about him and how he makes me feel.

................................................

The rest of the whole week went mundane and it was an off Saturday for me, I was just Netflix and chilling in my shorts, pizza and coke when the bell rang. Contemplating about getting up to open or not, I finally did go. I opened the door to see Hridansh's mother, brother, sister in law and Ritwik, their son in front of me. For a moment, I was too shocked to react.