Chapter- 19

Difficult time's going on guys. Please stay at your homes and stay safe!

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Also guys, I am trying to make Hridansh's character relatable to normal people along with Sharanya's. Like, not over the top and all. Is it working? let me know please?? Pretty Please?

Sharanya's POV-

The first time my eyes opened after a long night's sleep, it was 12 in the afternoon and I started to panic. Why did mom not call or my alarm didn't go off? I found my phone on the nightstand, switched off.

" Great going girl. You forgot to charge the single most important thing in your life!" I exclaimed getting out of the bed to find the charger and plugged in.

There were about 50 messages for me, a majority of them from Monika and Tarini. Maa and papa did not even bother. What is up with the universe?

Before I could read any of their messages, my door bell went off and I walked in the hall to attend whoever it was.

" Sharanya what the hell? You gave us a heart attack!" Tarini walked in, all worried.

" I am so sorry. I really forgot to charge my phone and it must has gone off in the middle of the night. I literally just woke up." I told her the truth as she sighed, visibly relieved.

" It's alright you. We were just worried about you! You have never been so late ever so that's why. Now let me call Monika and tell her that you are alive and not eaten by a ghost. She must be sitting stressed out there." Tarini said and I nodded as I walked into the kitchen to fetch a glass of water for her.

" Here, first talk to Monika." Tarini handed me her phone as I gave her the water.

" I am so sorry Mon. I will take care of those shoots and won't let the company suffer any losses." I apologized because I knew how much working capital is used for one single shoot and now I have missed two.

" Forget about all of that right now girl. You are all right and that is all that matters. You take the day off. Go to a salon and pamper yourself, get some me time, okay? I will see you tomorrow." Monika said and it was the tone that no one would argue with, firm and static.

" Thank you. See you tomorrow then." I hung up and Tarini got up too.

" I am leaving now. Not everyone is as lucky as you to get a day off despite scaring the boss's ass off." She playfully taunted me and I rolled my eyes at her as she picked up her bag and left.

I then freshened up and decided to talk to mom and dad. How on earth did it happen that they didn't call me once and it was almost noon. This was truly a miracle.

" Hey mom. What's up?" I asked, walking towards my balcony.

" Everyone is up except for your brother who is still sleeping." She replied chirpily and I laughed.

" Cut him some slack maa. His exams just ended, he deserves a break." I took Apoorv's side and heard mumma sigh.

" What is wrong?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. I was so sure that something has happened.

" It's your papa and Apoorv. They have been fighting over Apoorv's career decisions lately. He wants to become a pilot but your papa wants him to study engineering." She replied and I was flabbergasted. Papa has always given us three the freedom to take our own decisions always. What happened this time?

" But maa, why would papa want that? He always tells the three of us to listen to our hearts. What happened now?" I was still very surprised.

" I don't know beta. He is not even telling me anything. He just keeps on saying that Apoorv will not become a pilot." She said and I could sense that she was tired.