Chapter- 17

Hridansh's POV-

" Beta, I am proud of her. She told how she felt about her job and yet was polite towards maa. Tonight made me completely sure that she is the one for you." Maa told me as I got back home after dropping Sharanya.

" That is one thing I love the most about her maa. She never really gets rude to people and I know what kind of people she has to put up with on a daily basis." I replied, as I sat next to her. Hritik bhai and bhabhi were also sitting in the living room. Ritwik and naani were already asleep.

" Oho...my brother is in love, isn't he?" Bhabhi dropped next to me on the couch.

" Of course he is Ragini, do you not look at his face when he talks about her?" Bhaiya added and I gave him a cold look.

" What? There is nothing wrong is being in love with you fiance, it would only be trouble if you were in love with someone who was not her." Maa joined in.

" I think I am." I confessed to them honestly. After all, there is nothing to hide about it really.

" Something is bothering you, isn't it?" Bhaiya asked, narrowing his eyebrows at me.

" Nothing." I replied, taking a sip of black coffee.

" Talk man." Bhaiya insisted and maa and bhabhi were giving looks too.

" Alright, it's just that Sharanya has asked me not to take this engagement public. Now, not taking it does not really bother me but it's just that why would she want not to be associated with me right now?" I posed my doubt more like a question.

" Men.....men. You all are really a bunch of overthinkers with absolutely shit capability to use words to express your emotions." Bhabhi taunted, rolling her eyes and I scoffed.

" Listen to me. Sharanya is a normal girl with a not so normal job. Now she sees and interacts with celebrities and huge names day in and day out. She knows how this show business and ever your cricket business works and always keep you all in limelight but she has never been an active part of it. She lives her life like any 25 year old girl does. Wakes up in the morning, goes to work and that's that and I think she loves it. Now getting involved with you and now engaged to you is huge for her, a little more than it is to you because first, you are a huge public figure in the world and second, you are a guy. Your level of emotional understand isn't as evolved as hers is. So of course she would have apprehensions about taking this public. She is scared Hridansh. Scared how her life is going to change after all this and she is not going to tell you anything about how she feels right now and you need to give her time to come to you with her thoughts. Alright? So don't worry about this. As far as I have understood her, she will come around and talk to you." Bhabhi finished and each and every word of her made sense.

" You are right bhabhi but I do not accept the accusation that my level of emotional understanding is less than her. That's not true." I said, rolling my head back on the couch.

" That is one debate we are saving for later because it is going to take all day and night. Your brother and your egos won't let you accept facts." She replied, cheekily and I could see maa nodding her head in agreement.

" That is so not true." Bhaiya said and bhabhi gave him a really fake smile indicating that this was what she was talking about.

" Okay okay, before this turns into an argument, we are calling it a night. Off to bed all of you." Maa declared, leaving no room for any argument.

I hugged her and walked straight up to my room. Texting the team a reminder about the practice session early morning tomorrow, I went to bed.

........................................................................