Chapter- 20

Difficult time's going on guys. Please stay at your homes and stay safe!

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Question of the Day - Are you all being able to connect with the story? I am trying to keep it as realistic as possible. Let me know?!

Sharanya's POV -

As I reached home, I called Kunti di, my cook to come and prepare food but what had slipped my mind was that she was on 3 days leave so I had no option but to call mom to ask her about what to make.

" Mom Kunti di is on leave and I need to cook for 5 people. Please help me." I said, the moment she took the call.

" Sharanya, we are coming there by the evening's flight. Just take care of the lunch and dinner. Make 3 cups of rice and 2 cups of dal. That should be sufficient and make 1 kg of ladyfinger. That's the only thing you know. For breakfast, make daliya." She instructed and I followed her step by step.

I took me about an hour and a half to make everything and when I was done, mom hung up and I went to freshen up before leaving again. Monika had already given me 3 days off.

I took a quick bath, put on a white kurti, brushed my hair and packing the food, left for Hridansh's place which took me about an hour to reach because of the office hours traffic.

But what shocked me to the core was the paparazzi flocking like worms outside his place with all their cameras. I could see Shivin and Ritika along with a few other boys from the team were also trying to make their way inside. That's when Ritika spotted me.

" Sharanya!" I waved her hand a little to grab my attention as I made my way to where all of them were standing, surrounded by security.

" I am so sorry." She said, taking me into a hug.

" I didn't know her as well as I wanted to. I am just worried about everyone. They all are broken." I replied, trying to talk to her in all the mess.

" Why are you all not going inside?" I asked them.

" Because these people here are dying to get a glimpse of what is happening inside." Shivin replied, a frown on his lips.

" Let me deal with them." I said, walking towards the pap.

" Guys, are you all not even one percent considerate about other's emotions? A tragedy has happened in someone's life and all you want are photos. I understand that they all are famous people and their photos help you earn but why be so inhuman? Let's choose humanity over a little bit of money please? Let the family grief without the pressure of you all surrounding them. This is basic human decency. I humbly request you to vacate this premises or we will be forced to take legal action." I addressed them with a stern tone. I don't really like to take this tone but it was extremely necessary right now. Everyone at home was in a delicate mental condition.

" Excuse me? Who are you to tell us what to do and what not to do? This is us doing our jobs." One of them almost screamed at me and all I wanted to do was go and smack his smug face.

" I am a friend and when I say that I speak for the family, I do. So please lower down that attitude and leave before I am forced to do stuff that I don't want to." I warned them for the final time and this did have an impact on them as they started to leave.

In two minutes, the pathway was clear to enter.

" That was good." Shivin said, sounding impressed.

" Sometimes, you need to do things the hard way." I muttered as the lot made way inside. There was once again a deadly silence in the hall apart from aunty sobbing. It was truly heartbreaking. I went and sat next to her. Ragini bhabhi was probably inside with Ritwik. Hritik bhaiya was talking to a few guests and Hridansh was with his team.