Chapter- 16

Sharanya's POV-

The next afternoon, we were supposed to head back to Mumbai. Riya di and Ronak were staying here for one more week and Ajay jiju had already left for Jaipur for a conference. Monika and Tarini had taken the morning flight and so did Hridansh and family. I had rescheduled my tickets to afternoon because I really didn't want the paparazzi to find out just right now about our engagement and flying together with rings would totally draw suspicion.

" Chinku beta, keep these in your bag." Mumma handed me a box which was full of khakhras, bhakris and theplas.

" You keep them in please mumma. I need to go and get ready." I said, walking in the washroom.

" Quickly Sharanya. Dad is waiting for you. He is going to drop you." She called for me.

I quickly put on my blue jeans with a black blouse, pairing it with a black and white shrug coat and silver pumps because I was directly going to work from the airport. I had just asked for a half day because anyway, I would have been completely bored at home.

Bidding bye to everyone, dad dropped me to the airport and within an hour, I was in Mumbai.

.....................

" Sharanya, I really was hoping that you'd come in." Ishaan sir said as I walked to my cubicle.

" Of course you would have hoped that!" I said, chuckling.

" Before anything, congratulations!" He said, hugging me and I returned it.

" So boss, what is it?" I asked him, coming back to the working phase.

" We need that beauty soap script by evening. How far are you done?" He asked me.

" It'll be in front of you in the next three hours." I replied and sat down on my chair.

" Well, that's why I hired you." He sounded impressed and gave me a smile.

" I know." I replied, returning it as he walked back to his cabin and I drowned myself in work after dropping a text to mumma that I had reached.

" Sharanya, you really should take it easy. You look so tired." I heard Tarini as I was sipping my coffee.

" Yes T, I am almost done with this script. I'll submit it to Ishaan sir and then leave in about an hour. Anyways, it's just five thirty right now." I replied, looking at her.

She nodded and then walked away. Completing whatever I had to and submitting it to sir, I was done for the day.

" Monika, if there is nothing else to do, I'd like to leave." I knocked her cabin.

" You can leave Sharanya. But make sure to be here before 11 because the marketing committee of the IPL will be here and since you are handling the BCCI, you will be handling this too because you are familiar with the faces and way of working. Plus, you will get to spend a little more time with your fiance that way." She added the last part smirking and I rolled my eyes.

" Yes ma'am. But just so you know, I won't really be getting any time to spend with my fiance because of all the work." I said.

" Don't sell him short. I am sure he is going to make time." She taunted back

" You're impossible." I sighed.

" So are you." Was her back reply.

" Whatever Mon, I'll see you tomorrow." I said, exiting her cabin and then walked out of the office.

As I was about to book a cab for home, my phone went off. It was Hridansh which brought a smile to me.

" Heyy." I said, picking up.