Chapter- 23

PEOPLE CHECK OUT THE NEW COVER IN THE MEDIA BOX!!❤

Difficult time's going on guys. Please stay at your homes and stay safe!

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Hridansh's POV -

As I said, I think you need to be a little bolder than this Miss Patel, don't you?" I asked Sharanya and closed our distance taking one step even closer to her and placed my lips on hers and they were soft, almost silken and warm against my own. They parted slightly, allowing my tongue to slip inside. The smell of her perfume lingered in the air and her eyes were closed as had her hands running through my hair and mine were on her neck, pulling her further closer to me. It was as if time had stopped right there as we pulled away and she finally opened her eyes and met mine.

" Umm...." She began to speak but I kept my index finger on her slightly parted lips to stop her. All I wanted to do was capture her in my eyes and engrave her as a memory in my heart and my brain. I then placed a light kiss on her forehead and entwined her fingers with my own as we walked hand in hand towards the sea.

" I love you." I heard her whisper ever so slightly as she was looking at me.

" I love you too Sharanya. I never knew I could love anyone so selflessly as I love you." I replied, as we walked hand in hand along the coastline.

" I am so grateful for being tired that day when I said yes to giving us a chance. Had I be in my complete senses, I wouldn't have as much as thought once before declaring you crazy." She joked as we shared a laugh.

" I don't doubt that for a second but just so you know, I would have pursued you till the time I had made myself sure that there was not even a tiniest possibility of you and I becoming us." I confessed to her in total honesty

" And I don't doubt that for a second but just so you know, I would have taken a thousand attempts for you before finally saying yes." She replied with a twinkle in her eyes.

" Marry me?" I asked. Something came over me as I voiced out exactly what I was thinking. All I got in return was her chuckle.

" Of course I'll marry you! Do you not see this beautiful engagement ring on my finger or the one on yours? The last I remember, I am your fiancé and that leads to being married or am I losing something in translation?" There was of course a tone of sarcasm in her voice as she raised her left hand to show me her ring but I chose to ignore the sarcasm.

" Let's get married after my South Africa tour is what I meant. I don't want to wait to be with you if that is what you want too." I said what was in my heart.

" But your South Africa tour is just a week after IPL Hridansh. There has to be made a lot of preparations which require time." She exclaimed, almost taken aback by my suggestion.

" Does that even matter? All we need are our family, a priest and a venue." I asked her and this made her stop walking and she turned, facing me.

" Mr. Hridansh Singh we will not be married like that! Every little girl at least once dreams how her wedding will be and this is not what she thinks of. The little girl inside me will kill me if I pull off something like that and this is not just about me, it's about our families too. They have been waiting for this day and they have some expectations and wishes and we will not deprive them of anything." She said sternly and I sighed. She was right. Maa had dreamt of both her sons getting married in her own grand way and her family would have too.