Chapter- 5

Difficult time's going on guys. Please stay at your homes and stay safe!

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Sharanya's POV-

" Now why do you look like you've seen a ghost?" Mom asked.

" She is your daughter Sharanya?" Hridansh's mom asked, surprised.

" Yes Kavita ji. She is Sharanya and my son, Apoorv." Mom introduced us.

" Hello Aunty." I said, awkward.

" Hi beta. Seems that the lunch you promised to have with me has turned to dinner." She joked and I smiled at her.

" You've met?" Dad asked, looking confused.

" Umm...yes dad. Today morning. Long story." I muttered, embarrassed.

Aunty then introduced me to her elder son, Hritik, his wife, Ragini and their son Ritkwik.

" And you know Hridansh." She said.

" So you both know each other personally?" Riya di asked.

" Yes, he is work." I replied, without thinking.

" What?" Mom asked, scrunching her eyebrows at me, confused.

" I mean, I work with the BCCI for the marketing and ads so yes, I technically work for him." I clarified while looking at him. That amused glint in the eyes and smile were still intact.

" Well, this is getting awkward. Why don't you all dine together. Anyways, Apoorv and I were just going to leave." I said, grabbing my clutch when mom walked to my seat.

" Sharanya, this is no way to behave. Now be a good girl and join us for dinner. I didn't raise you to be this rude." She muttered, schooling me as I went on to roll my eyes again, cursing my luck for maybe the thousandth time in the last fifteen minutes.

Not really wanting to be rude, Apoorv and I did join all of them.

Just one question, who was the person with whom my supposed alliance was to be discussed?

" By the way, it's good that both of them at least know each other, it will kill the awkwardness." Ragini said.

I choked over the water I was sipping.

" Sharanya, beta carefully." Dad said, looking concerned.

" It's fine dad." I muttered but my mind had completely gone haywire.

According to what Hridansh's Bhabhi said, there could be only one meaning for all of this.

No, no, no. This cannot be possible, I mean, he is such a huge personality in India, the captain of the Indian Cricket Team. He definitely must be dating some Bollywood actress or some Ambani! Has he not told his family about his girlfriend, whoever she may be? Why are they looking for an alliance for him and have my parents and di, jiju gone insane finally? What were they thinking before agreeing to meet this family?

There is something wrong with my mom seriously. I mean, she is so obsessed with me getting married that she can meet anyone for it. I mean, she is freaking dining with Hridansh Singh and family!

" Sharanya, Sharanya..." I fell a nudge on my shoulder, bringing me back from my thinking adventures.

" Yes?" I asked, looking at the source of the voice.

" What do you think?" Riya di asked.

Hell? What were they talking about? I looked at Apoorv for help who nodded in a no and so I copied his action.