Chapter- 24

Difficult time's going on guys. Please stay at your homes and stay safe!

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Sharanya's POV -

The bracelet was absolutely beautiful and now as the opposition team was batting, I was thinking what I could give him as a gift. Why should he always get me something? But what could I even get him? He already had everything!

" Earth to Sharanya." Ritika's voice rang in my ears and I immediately looked at her.

" Here, so what's up?" I asked, slightly turning towards her and kept my right hand on my cheek and the elbow on my thigh for support.

" They just lost two wickets. We have been cheering. What are you thinking?" She asked and I immediately looked at the ground to see what was happening and man was I zoned out. Both their openers were out and now Hridansh was talking to Aniket who was bowling the current over.

" Now that you have looked at what your to-be-husband-dearest is doing, answer my question! What were you thinking about in so deep that you didn't realise what was happening?" Ritika asked once again and this time, I rolled my eyes at her and stuck my tongue out.

" Real mature girl, absolutely." She joked and then paused, waiting for my answer.

" You see this bracelet. He has gifted this to me and now I want to give something to him too but I cannot figure out what! Seems like he already has everything he likes." I sighed, showing my wrist to her.

" Alright. Number one, this is absolutely beautiful and number two, more importantly that it's not necessary that you gift him something, you can get him nothing. Absolutely nothing for him. Like you can show him how much he means to you but not by giving him something." She suggested, shrugging her shoulders and popped another pop-corn.

" That's a great idea but it does require a lot of thinking." I whined to her and she nodded her head in a yes.

" Help me later, alright?" I asked her and she immediately agreed. Then, we focused back on the ground.

The Punjab team was 120-9 by the time twenty overs were bowled. A fairly easy target for one of the best teams in the tournament.

It was innings break when us women walked out to get some snacks for yourselves. I ordered myself a veg Roll and Diet Coke as we again took our seats.

The team chased down the target in less than 14 overs with the openers not-out. Hridansh didn't get to bat at all, even when me and thousands of people present here wanted to but it was okay i guess, we did win. Shivin got the man of the match award with the figures 5-19 in four overs as we all cheered.

After the other awards and all were given and everything was done for the day, we made our way towards the team bus and were waiting for the guys for five minutes now. I was just randomly scrolling through instagram when a brilliant idea stuck my mind!

A dog! Hridansh had one but after his death, he couldn't bring himself to get one but what if we adopted one? I immediately went off instagram and called aunty.

" Hello beta. How are you?" She asked me as she took the call after the forth ring.

" Hello aunty. I am well. We won." I exclaimed in ecxitement.

" We did? I just got off the plane so I have no idea." She replied and now I was confused. Where was she?

" Off the plane? Where are you aunty?" I finally asked, taking a pause.

" Ahmedabad. Since both of you have given a go ahead for the wedding, we need time to plan it so Ritika and I are here." She informed me and I furrowed my eyebrows.