Chapter Four

"I'm glad you ladies could join us." Tony says as we enter the conference room, the boys already seated around the table.

"Cool it Tony, we literally left as soon as Vision told us you needed us." I say slipping into the same chair I'd been in yesterday.

"What's up?" Nat asks, taking her seat.

"As everyone knows several Hydra agents escaped the compound in Sokovia and there are still more that escaped S.H.I.E.L.D. when we released the files. What we didn't know is they took several prototype weapons of Hydra design as well as some of the Stark weapons Kenna's team had turned over to S.H.I.E.L.D."

"What happened to your team?" Steve asks as everyone focuses on me.

"We were caught in an ambush a couple years after Tony was kidnapped in a similar ambush. I was the lone survivor."

I meet Steve's gaze and he gives me a sad look. I knew it'd been the other way for him, thinking he'd lost Bucky when he fell from the train but he likely had survivors guilt just the same. He and Bucky had been long term friends, growing up together, and he'd taken him on that mission.

"I'm sorry." Thor says, breaking the silence, "Losing someone in battle is difficult."

"It is. So where did you find them and how?"

"Right to the point Kenna, I like it. Here's what we know. I've had Friday running facial rec for all known former S.H.I.E.L.D. agents that ran when Hydra was flushed out on every available camera around the world."

"That doesn't sound legal." Steve points out.

"We're just piggybacking on systems already in place."

"So not necessarily illegal but not completely legal either. I assume you didn't get permission to use the system." Nat laughs.

"I designed something similar when we were tracking terrorists. I figured it'd have been taken down when... I retired. The team I ran had been discontinued. You're telling me it's still up and active?"

"I may have reactivated it."

"I'll talk to Fury and reclaim the system. It's my creation after all and then it'd be official. Until then, where are we going?"

"A small team of two dozen, including six known Hydra agents have hold up an old Air Force base in Maine not far from the Canadian border." Tony says, tapping the tablet in his hand.

Holographic images pop up along the table showing blueprints and surveillance photos of who's been there. I recognize the building as well as two of the people.

"Loring Air Force Base, decommissioned in 1994. I was there very briefly in 1992 before I was reassigned to the special unit. It's remote, little to no collateral damage but they will definitely see us coming. There's nothing else out there." I say.

"You're full of surprises Kenna." Tony says, smiling at me.

The two people I recognize had been at the base in Siberia while I was being held there, I'd never known anyone's names but I'd never forget their faces. My hands begin to smoke and I hide them under my arms leaning back in my chair trying to focus on my breathing. Images from Siberia flash through my mind and it takes a few moments before I can zone back in. Everyone was looking at me and I realize I'd missed part of the conversation.

"Sorry, I was thinking. What was the question?"

"You said they'd see us coming. How would you suggest we cast the net so no little fishes get away this time." Sam asks, "We have air support but if they make it to the trees that won't be much help."