Chapter Twenty Two

It'd been less than an hour before the boys made their move and I got the call from Everett that we should start for Berlin. Tony had tried calling me several times before that but I ignored them all. I wasn't interested in hearing him try to talk his way out of this yet.

I didn't talk to Tony while we flew either, I didn't even look at him. I'd already climbed into the helicopter by the time he'd shown up and had my luggage in the seats on either side of me. I could feel Tony's eyes on me but I was past not caring.

Luckily I had the reports to read and the body cams to watch while we were in the helicopter and though they'd been taken relatively unharmed they'd certainly stirred up more trouble than I liked. It didn't help that T'Challa had somehow managed to get there as well and almost ruined everything, trying very diligently to kill Buck instead of detain him like everyone else. As he was on our list now T'Challa would have to answer for his actions, him being king now wouldn't matter for this part.

As the Stark helicopter lands in Berlin and we hop in the waiting J.C.T.C. SUV that Everett had sent to take us to headquarters I really look at Tony for the first time. He looked miserable and as much as I wanted to enjoy it I simply couldn't.

He meets my gaze, sorrow clear on his face and I huff a sigh, my anger softening as we look at each other. I want to reach out and take his hand but I cross my arms over my chest instead, I wasn't that over the anger yet.

"You ready for this?" Tony asks.

"Not in the least." I sigh, looking at the large mostly glass building as we pull up to the J.C.T.C. building and through the garage doors.

"We need to talk about..."

"No we really don't, not right now at least."

The SUV parks in a line of other identical SUVs and the driver hurries to get out and open my door for me. I smile at him and say thank you, Tony climbing out behind me. The garage area is huge and open though most of it is filled with other vehicles ranging from large passenger vans to motorcycles.

Rounding the front of the van the smile on my face fades as I mutter a curse under my breathe. Tony follows my gaze and the curse he says isn't nearly as quiet as mine had been and I snort a laugh. Everett was standing in front of a set of metallic elevator doors looking at us, with Sharon scowling at us from his side; of course it had to be her.

"Kenna it's good to see you again. I hope your flight was pleasant. Mr. Stark." Everett smiles at us and we shake hands.

"It's good to see you too Everett, just wish it was under better circumstances. How far are they out?"

"About an hour yet, they've made good time. The U.N. is loaning us one of their Psychologists and he should get here around the same time. Do you know Agent Carter?"

"We've had the pleasure." Tony says, smiling at her and tries to hold my hand.

"Agent Carter what an unexpected surprise." I extend my hand towards her but she crosses her arms over her chest and I chuckle, letting my hand fall back to my side again.

Everett looks between us, clearly confused by the dynamics of our relationship but too polite to ask. I return my gaze to him and he smiles.

"So where are we setting up?" I ask.

"Come with me, I'll show you around a bit before we head to the war room. I wasn't sure what you'd want us to do with his highness."

"What do you mean what she'd want us to do with him?" Sharon asks, looking at Everett, "This is our operation not hers."

She sneers the last word, giving me a dirty look again and I press my lips together to keep from laughing. Everett's eyes had gone wide and he was looking at her much the same way she was looking at me.