Chapter Five

"We're in position. No movement here." I whisper, pressing the coms in my ear.

The last thermal images we had showed all the targets inside the hanger. Nat and I could see the hanger out the window above the hatch, everything seemed quiet and I didn't like it.

"Keep your eyes open. I don't like how quiet it is. There aren't any lookouts that I can see from here."

"Then they're all in the hanger, maybe this will be easier than you thought Kenna. Hold on to your hats, we're about to crash this party." Tony says back.

I didn't like not being with them as they make entry and I knew Nat wasn't thrilled about it either. Tony's suits flies into view and blasts the hangers door and they're inside. Immediately I can hear gunfire ring out and see energy blasts shoot out the walls of the hanger; they had Chitari weapons.

"Heads up ladies, hand full of runners headed your way." Steve grunts a few heartbeats later.

"At least we won't miss off the fun." Nat smiles at me, drawing her pistol.

I move to the other side of the wall and they start filing out. I catch the first unaware as my fist connects with his jaw, knocking him out. Nat shots two before the others duck back into the hatch.

"I thought you said no one knew about the passageways." A man hisses.

"They shouldn't've. They weren't on any of the blueprints." A second man hisses back.

"Well they seem to have found out somehow."

"You rats going to come out and play?" Nat calls, "Or are we going to have to come in after you?"

One of them sticks their head out and pops off a couple shots in Nat's general direction before ducking back in as Nat returns fire.

"When you two stop playing with your new friends we could use you out here. Seems there they called some friends before we got here. Cap and Wanda are chasing a few that got past us and made a break for the trees."

"On it Tony." I answer and look at Nat. "Count to five and follow me."

I come around the wall and dive down the steps, rolling to a stop on a knee in the middle of the group. I had three of the five down as Nat runs down the steps taking the last two out quickly.

"That was hot." Nat says holding a hand out to help me up.

"Any time ladies." Sam calls

We cuff our couple survivors though they were out cold and run down the passageway emerging into a war zone. There were bad guys everywhere. Nat springs out and joins the fighting while I survey, there were definitely more of them than there had been. I edge around the side of the crates and a stream of fire catches me by surprise causing me to dive behind another stack of crates.

"A flame thrower? Kenna are you okay?" Sam asks.

"I'm fine." I growl and step back out from behind the crates to face the owner of the flame thrower.

My eyes land on a familiar face and I draw my pistol. The man with dreads was looking at me as if he'd seen a ghost, and I guess in a way he was.

"You're dead. We saw you die."

Movement catches my attention and I fire three shots, firing without looking above me to my left. Three Hydra agents fall with a sickening crunch to the floor beside me.

"How are there so many of them Stark?" Nat hisses fighting a small group of them.

I take out my earwig and focus on the man in front of me.