2

Your POV

You and Andi made it to the park an hour before it opened. You both wanted to make sure you had enough time to use the restroom and eat fast food before you went in. It was cheaper eating that than getting food inside.

You had your hair back in two long, thick Dutch braids. You had a pair of Nike running shorts, a white t-shirt, and running shoes on. You kept a crewneck in your drawstring bag just in case it got cold tonight.

Andi has never been to an amusement park, let alone on a roller coaster. You on the other hand loved going to these places and riding everything that came into your sight. The thrill of falling sometimes, lifting you out of your seat, made you feel like you were flying.

"I have to ride a few rides before the boys come. I can't embarrass myself. Not in front of them." Andi shook her head. "I'm already anxious. I feel like I could cry right now just thinking about dropping on a steel machine that could break and result in my death."

"Andi, you're going to be okay. You're not going to die." You tried to reassure her. "At least not today."

You smirked at your best friend making her laugh, easing up her anxiousness.

"If I do die today, it better be when they get here. Only because that would be a cool story to tell at my funeral. Andrea Grace, dead because she decided to ride a roller coaster with her best friend, Tom Holland, and Harrison Osterfield."

You chuckled only saying, "Morbid."

It was finally time to go inside. It took almost thirty minutes trying to convince Andi to get on one ride. Finally, she caved. She held a death grip on your arm as the vertical drop came into view, making a small bruise appear where her fingers were pressing. It was worth it though. After that one ride, she was ready for the next.

By the time it hit noon, you were starting to feel nervous. You were having such a great time riding rides, going through gift shops, meeting your favorite Disney characters. You even got hit on by Gaston. You knew that Tom got out of meetings soon, making him and Harrison start to head this way. You didn't want this day to be awkward.

"Hey what's wrong?" Andi asked picking up on your change of demeanor.

"Nothing." You lied.

"(Y/n), I think I know you better than that. What's bothering you?"

"I'm just nervous for when they get here." You sighed. "I don't want this to be awkward where I don't know what to say the whole time."

"How do you get through life if you're not comfortable getting to know new people? You were a waitress during college. Your job was literally to meet new people every day, and your customers loved you. Some would come back and specifically ask for you. How come you can be normal around them?"

"That is not a good analogy. I don't have to spend time with my customers for hours. I just take their orders, bring their food out to them, and check on them from time to time. These are two people who I've never talked to in my life before yesterday, coming to hang out with just the two of us for the rest of the day."

Andi was about to respond when her phone dinged. "That was Harrison. He said they'll be here in less than an hour. They're gonna change and grab some food. I told them we'll meet at the Main Street Cinema, which is back near the entrance."

She looked at you before continuing, "Hey it's all going to be okay. It's going to be a lot of fun. It might be awkward at first because you are an awkward person." You laughed at her jab. "But, after spending some time with them, talking, you'll relax. For all you know we could end up becoming good friends with these two. Who wouldn't want to be our friends? We're awesome."