18

Your POV

You were out and about with Harry, Sam, Paddy, and Tom. Seeing as you never been here before, they each had specific places to take you. Right now you were all walking to the next destination on the list.

"(Y/n), if you had to choose between a talking lion or a talking bug as a sidekick, who would you choose?" Paddy asked you. This game has not stopped since you left the house. It all started because Paddy was deciding who would win in a fight, a lion or a gorilla. It's actually led to a few heated arguments because someone ended up calling someone else's answer idiotic, which then led to the whole reasoning behind the choice.

"What kind of bug?"

"I don't know. Any bug I guess."

"Well that's not fair."

"What? How?" Paddy turned around to walk backwards.

"Because you gave me a specific animal but not a specific bug. Depending on which bug we're talking about will change my answer."

"Are you really considering a bug as a sidekick?" This was him hiding his real question, 'are you dumb?'

"Look the lion could be all fierce and help attack when need be, which is awesome in times of war. But if you have a bug like a lightning bug then it can fly. If you're lost it can fly ahead and come back to show you the way out especially if it's dark. It's little butt giving you light to get to where you need to go. But if it's a bug like a spider, I will not go near one of those."

"That's stupid." Paddy turned around asking another this or that question to Sam.

"I don't like spiders either." Tom was holding your hand as you two walked behind the three boys. Harry was in front leading since his secret destination was next.

"You're Spider-Man though."

"Doesn't mean I like spiders."

"We're here." Harry called out from the front.

You looked around. It was an open field with trees outlining the edges. "What exactly is here?"

"This is where we like to go to when we want to get out of the house and goof around. Over there in the tree line are a few openings we have made paths to walk through. I would say we should walk them now, but I think it's going to rain soon."

As you walked around, you had your back turned against the boys. Suddenly a hand hit the side of your arm. Turning around you saw Tom running away yelling at you. "You're it (y/n)!"

"I'm what?"

"You've been tagged. You're it." Paddy stood a good distance away from you.

"Are we playing tag? What is this, middle school?"

"Are you saying you're too old to play?" Sam was taunting you, also keeping a good distance. "Come on grandma. Lighten up and play."

He did not just call you grandma. You took off in his direction chasing him around the field. Harry got cocky by getting too close to you thinking all your attention was on tagging Sam. You continued to move forwards but did a quick 90 degree turn to lunge at Harry tagging his side as he tried to turn away from you.

"Ha, you're it." You stuck your tongue out and made a run for it in the opposite direction.

Harry tagged Paddy, Paddy tagged Harry back, ignoring Harry's no tag back call. Harry tagged Tom, who tagged Sam. Now all of you were in a circle with Sam in the middle waiting to see who he was going to go after. This felt childish beyond belief, but it was so much fun to run around like a kid again at recess.