6

Your POV

The alarm you set for eight was blaring in your ear. If it wasn't your phone, you would've thrown it across the room.

Today was the day where you were turning to drive back across the country, back home. The drive was going to take 36 hours. There were a few places where you'd be stopping to see though, but it wouldn't be any longer than a day or two.

You and Andi left all your things downstairs by the door, leaving clothes out to change into. After doing the small chores instructed by Airbnb, it was time to go. You did a quick walkthrough to make sure nothing was forgotten. You walked outside to look around the pool, but as you were about to walk back inside a glint of light caught your eye. You went in the direction of where the light hit you and you saw Tom's baseball cap on the ground. The sliver clasp on the back, reflecting the sun. You picked it up taking it with you to the car.

"Ready?" Andi asked as you got in the passenger seat.

"Yeah. I found Tom's hat. Should we see if we can meet up and give it to him?" You desperately wanted to see him one more time. After last night, you wanted to kiss him. He was standing so close, looking so attractive.

Andi interrupted your thoughts. "I don't think so. The hotel reservation we made is at seven. If we want to make it on time while gaining an hour because of the time zones, we have to leave now. You can always mail it to him or something."

You held the worn-out blue cap in your hands. You placed it in your backpack in the backseat. The car ride was spent playing card games, having concerts, and watching movies on your laptop. You and Andi would switch driving every time you stopped for gas.

On your breaks from driving, you would text Tom. You would ask about his day and if he was excited for shooting to start tomorrow. He would ask you how the car trip was going and insult your singing skills even though he's never heard you sing. There was never a moment where you felt like you didn't know what to say. The conversation between the two of you just flowed naturally. If one topic was starting to end, one of you would choose something else to talk about.

"What are you smiling at?" Andi asked as she looked at you smiling down at your phone.

"Tom said he bets I sound like a seal. I'm gonna punch him." You joked.

"I mean he's not wrong."

"Hey now. He doesn't have to know that. As long as you don't say anything I can say I sound like an angel."

Andi rolled her eyes. "What are you going to do when we get home?"

"What do you mean? We won't be home till Saturday."

"I mean what are you going to do now? We graduated college, we'll only have three more weeks of July left, are you going to move back in with your mom now that we're not living in dorms?"

You had to sit and think. This was your life. You are a full-on adult. "I'm definitely going to get a small apartment. I'm going to set up a few interviews first though since some of the jobs are in different locations. I don't want to get a place then end up being an hour from work. Other than that I don't know. I would love to find a traveling job, like work for a company that needs me to go to their different offices to fix things, but right now I need some experience."

Andi nodded her head letting you know she was listening. "I don't know what I'm going to do. The years flew by way too fast. I'm not ready to be completely by myself. All I know is that I have to get out of my house. There are eight of us and I'm the oldest. I can't take the crying and yelling in that household."

Andi's house was always loud. Someone was crying, yelling, playing music, dropping something. You also didn't have anywhere to hide. Even if you stayed in your room, one sibling would want to come in and join. Don't get me wrong, I love her family but sometimes you need space.

"What if we move in together? I mean you're probably sick of me especially after this trip, but if you want we can look for a place together. We could split the rent, which would help with money."

"Are you serious? (Y/n) I thought you would be sick of me by now, not the other way around. Oh my god, yeah let's do it!" Andi was jumping in her seat. You had to put a hand on her shoulder to get her to stop since she was driving.

Finally, the two of you made it to your hotel on time. Andi went out to go grab food to bring back to eat while you stayed in the room. You went to grab your computer out of your backpack when Tom's hat fell onto the floor.

I should probably ask if he wants me to mail it to him.

Tom's POV

I was sitting on the couch when I heard my phone buzzing. (Y/n) was trying to FaceTime me.

"Hello?"

"Hey. Anything look familiar?" I looked at her face and when my eyes went up just a little higher I saw it.

"Is that my hat? Are you wearing my hat?" I couldn't help but break out a smile.

"Indeed it is. I found it by the pool. I was going to see if I could give it to you before we left, but Andi said we had to leave or we wouldn't make our reservation. So, I was wondering what you wanted me to do with it. Want me to mail it to you?"

"Um no. You keep it. It looks better on you than it did on me."

"Doubtful."

"Don't sell yourself short there love. Beauty can spot beauty." I gestured to myself and then pointed back at her.

She rolled her eyes at me and took off the hat. "You really need to work on that cockiness of yours."

I just chuckled. "Where's Andi?"

"She's out getting food. She should be back any minute now. Where's Haz?"

"He's in the kitchen cooking. Want to go say hi?"

"No." No? She just wants to talk to me. "Just tell him hi later for me."

"Sure. Hey, I have a ques-" I was interrupted when Andi walked into the hotel room. (Y/n) turned around giving her attention to her. I could hear Andi asking who she was on the phone with.

Andi jumped on the bed (y/n) was on and got into camera view. "Hi, Tom. I'm gonna steal this one away now if you don't mind. We're gonna stuff our faces and watch The Silence of the Lambs."

"Hey, yeah. By all means, she's all yours." With that (y/n) hung up the phone.

I sat there staring at the blank screen when Haz came around the corner to tell me the food was done.

"Who was that on the phone?"

"Uh (y/n). She found my hat that I couldn't find."

"And she had to call you? Couldn't text you?"

"I guess she just wanted to show me. What's the big deal?" I was starting to get annoyed with how Haz was acting about (y/n).

Haz raised his hands in the air. "Nothing. It's just now instead of texting all the time, it's going to be calling, FaceTiming."

"Mate, it was one call. Probably won't ever happen again."

Oh, I was so wrong.