16

Your POV

Hazzy
What are you doing for Tom's birthday?

You
I don't know
Not much to do since he's away filming

Hazzy
Come to California

You
What is it with you and Tom telling to get on a plane last minute to join you in a different state?

Hazzy
You're alone since Andi is still gone, you need human interaction
It would be so cute
He would have no clue and you could stay with us in our flat. It would be a surprise
You two are dating so sharing a room won't be a bother ;) ;)

You
Stop with the winking

Hazzy
So you coming?

You
His birthday is literally tomorrow . You know that right?

Hazzy
Yeah so that's why you come now

You
Okay fine. Booking a plane now

Hazzy
I'll pick you up. I'll make an excuse about needing to go out for something. Just let me know what time you'll be here

You
Be there at 8:30 tomorrow morning

Hazzy
Yay! I needed a birthday present so inviting you was my go to

You
If I'm your gift to him, pay me back for my ticket
Seen
Knew it

Something these guys are not good at, is planning. You must have luck because the first time you were invited somewhere last minute, you didn't have a job. This time, you got to do your job from home.

If this was a surprise, you needed to act like you were not going to see Tom at all tomorrow. The plane leaves at 4:30 and there is one stop on the way. You knew the time zones would mess you up, but this was worth it.

You decided to go to bed at nine. You told Tom goodnight and that you couldn't talk on the phone tonight. It confused him, but he told you goodnight anyway and that he'll call you tomorrow. If only he knew.

Trying to fall asleep was hard. Jitters we're playing with you, but the morning was brutal. The sun wasn't even up, so you shouldn't be up. Curses. It's fine, you'll sleep on the plane.

"Ladies and gentlemen if you could please buckle your seatbelts, we'll be landing here shortly." The flight attendant started walking down the passageway to make sure everyone had their seatbelts on.

Back in California. You were here a year ago now that it's officially June. Crazy how time has flown. Sad that Andi couldn't be here with you this time. Happy that you took a plane though.

Coming out into the lobby where people were waiting for their friends and family, you could spot Haz being surrounded by multiple teenage girls. He was trying to take selfie's and talk to everyone, but you could tell he was still searching for you.

Decided to join in on the fun, you ran up to the girls. "Oh my god. It's Harrison Osterfield. Your Tom Holland's best friend. Please could you sign my forehead. It'll complete all my dreams in life."

His head snapped in the direction of your voice and rolled his eyes. He pushed passed the fans and wrapped you in a hug. The girls started swarming the two of you taking pictures of the interaction.

"No way. It's (y/n) (y/l/n). She's the girl who was Tom's date to the premiere in February!" The fans were now asking you for photos.

"What are you doing here?"