30

Your POV

"Alright ladies and gents, thirty minutes until show time." The lady who was in charge of making sure everything ran smoothly was clapping her hands and running along backstage.

You looked back at the mirror to make sure your hair and makeup was perfect. No smudges or loose hairs anywhere. The people here were all tall, skinny, and beautiful that only doubt wanted to creep in. The thoughts that you weren't professional enough to be here, that you didn't deserve to be here, that you were going to mess up somehow.

It didn't help that everyone seemed to know somebody here. They were all chatting and laughing with friends. You seemed to be the only odd one out. Reign was back here with you earlier, but she disappeared somewhere.

You wanted to mingle, but talking to new people without some sort of comfort was not it. It's easier talking to new people when you have someone with you that you're already comfortable around. Without that person, talking to strangers felt awkward.

You went to go put on the clothes that were assigned to you. You reached behind you to zip up the zipper but your arms did not want to bend in the way you needed them to. You tried moving in different positions to reach the tiny, little pull tab, but nothing was working.

Awkwardly, you poked your head out of the dressing room praying for Reign to be anywhere near you. She still seemed to be M.I.A. You stepped out holding up the top part of you jumper trying to see if she was at least backstage.

"Is that how you're going to look out there?"

You instantly turned around to the voice you knew all too well.

"Haz? What are you doing here?" You ran up and hugged him. He returned the hug picking you up then placing you back down.

"I came to surprise you. Surprise." He threw up jazz hands and smiled at you. "Do you need some help?"

"Love some." You turned around and pulled your hair to the side. You could hear the sound of the zipper being zipped up all the way up to your neck. "Thank you. But seriously I had no clue you were going to be here. Are you part of the show?"

"I was asked to walk, but I was needed elsewhere unfortunately. Tom business and all."

"How's he?"

"Good. Good. Wrapping up filming for the latest movie he's going to be in. The usual."

"Andi is filming as well. Still in it though. They're making another season of her show she's been in. It's going to be great."

"Yeah I know. We've actually been talking."

A smirk was pulling on your lips. "Have you now?"

He pushed your shoulder back and let out a small laugh. "Stop. Seriously though, she said you two haven't talked much. Seems like you've been doing that a lot lately. Keeping out of touch."

"Yeah sorry about that. A lot has changed."

"Not too much to where you're not you. You always have made time for your friends."

"Fred likes to make sure I stay focused. Not have too many distractions."

Haz crossed his arms and looked up at the ceiling. "Ah, the boyfriend."

"That he is."

"Where is he?" He started to look around to see if he could spot the man of the current topic.

"Should be in California. Opening a new store. I was supposed to go, but I chose to come here instead."

"Why? Getting sick of him?"