The Talk.

Trigger warning.this story talks about abuse, self harm, alcoholism, body image and other content that is 17+. Please always take care of yourself and know that these topics and more will be talked about in this story.

I woke up to pansy knocking on my dorm room frantically and yelling
' VENUS SMITH I SWEAR TO GOD YOU BETTER OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT THIS SECOND I NEED TO SPEAK TO YOU' She continued to bang on the door until I answered.

' Alright alright Parkinson, give me two seconds.Good god. While I put on some clothes.' I said to her as I changed from my pyjama shorts and t-shirt into a pair of long sweatpants and a baggy jumper. She replied through the door, in a more calm tone
'It's about lasts nights... encounter.' I felt my heart drop. Why did it mean so much? Why am I reacting this way. I pulled my hood up over my hair and opened the door for her. She barged in without a word and sat on the bed and smirked at me.

'Blaise thinks Malfoy has a thing for you.' She said slyly. I couldn't help but burst out laughing at her as I shut the door behind her and sprawled on my bed again next to her.

'So you think, Draco Malfoy has a thing for me after seeing me sleep deprived, daydreaming and looking like and absolute hobbit. I shook my head at her in disbelief.
'I think you and Blaise are mad.'

'Well after you ran off into the common room without saying goodnight he seemed awfully quiet. Actually, he wasn't paying attention to me when I was talking to him on the stairs... oh, my days Vee. He was staring at you the whole bloody time and I didn't notice.' I stopped her  and butted in myself

' Well in my defense he was probably staring at the state of my-'. She cut me off

'And Blaise said once he got back to the common room he didn't talk for the night before storming off to bed! Oh. My. God. Vee. Draco Malfoy was thinking about you after you left. He likes you. He likes you. I mean of course he does look at yo- OWWW'

I had hit her with the pillow.
'You were waffling Pans. Draco Malfoy doesn't have  a thing for me. We don't know why he was awake at midnight anyway. I'm sure Malfoy has more important things to think of other than me.' She rolled her eyes at my words

' Blaise said he's never seen him act so strange Vee. I'm serious.' I sighed at her

'Fine. I have to ask him about potions notes at breakfast anyways so I'll try to bring it up in conversation if that will fucking satisfy you and cupid boy Blaise.'  She looked confused and questioned me
'Since when does Venus Smith need help with homework, you're practically top of the class in every class. Apart from Granger and ... MALFOY. OH MY GODDDD.'

I slammed my hand over her mouth to shut her up.

' Ok ok ok Pansy there's something else I need to talk to him about not bloody potions but that's none of your business. Ok? Now stop fucking shouting his dorm isn't far Jesus.' I took my hand away from her mouth.

'I swear to god you're telling me everything that you can about what you guys talk about.' She squealed.

'Ok I will. Now get out while I get ready for breakfast' She dragged me in for a hug before she danced out my door.

I laughed lightly at her and closed the door after her. I took out a fresh pair of robes and headed into the shower. Once I was finished I changed into my robes and washed my face. I put on my make up. ' I may as well look presentable if were going to talk about this.' I thought to myself.

Once I was ready I tidied my dorm quickly before walking out the door and into the common room. I walked down the stairs to see Pansy thrown across and arm chair and Blaise sitting on the couch. I could hear them. Talking. About. Me. And . Malfoy.

'God Pansy do you have nothing better to talk about.'
I smiled at her as she giggled at me and I sat next to Blaise. He shook his head at me.

' What did you say to him Vee? He literally has barely spoken 5 words since last night.' They really fed into this

' I said 'Hey Malfoy'. That's all I said Blaise. I don't know why you think he likes me. Actually where is he?' I looked up at him as he smile down at me.

' Draco usually sits in the Great Hall for a bit before breakfast.' I nodded in response.

'Right then. Shall we go and get something to eat. I'm starved.' Blaise said after a few minutes of conversation.

'He's right I'm starved too' Pansy replied as she looked at me. They just want to know what will happens. I have never met two more impatient people than Blaise Zabini and Pansy Parkinson.

'Right then. Lets go.' I said in a huff. I wasn't exactly looking forward to this talk.

I walked with Pansy and Blaise to the Great Hall. As we entered I spotted his platinum blonde hair in the far right corner. I felt my nails dig into my skin. I wasn't prepared for this. I tried to not think about what conversation I was about to have. But Pansy didn't help. I felt her lace my fingers in mine as we walked towards the table. She always held my hand when I was anxious and dug my nails into my palms. God she was an amazing friend.

' What will you say to him?' She asked.

'I really don't know Pans' I whispered back as we came closer and closer to him.

Blaise sat next to Draco, while Pansy made her way to the seat across from them. I stayed standing as the blonde boy turned to face me. Oh fuck this isn't fun.

' Malfoy can I talk to you about something quickly. In private.' I said. I tried not to sound anxious. But I think I desperately failed.

'Of course.' He said smoothly. His deep voice echoed through me. God why am I blushing. Fuck. I watched him stand up from the table. He was 6'1. And I was 5'1. He towered over me. I looked  up at him to meet his eyes and I nodded. I turned on my heel and started walking out of the Hall. I heard him follow. God I bet Pansy and Blaise are going mad right now.

I led him into a corridor  beside the Great Hall and turned to face him. I dug my nails into my palms again. This time Pansy couldn't stop me.

' I think we should talk about what you saw last night.' I said softly as I pulled the hood of my robe down. Slightly showing off the scars that made their way over my shoulder and travelled close to my collar bones. I watched his eyes. They darted to my neck. Taking in the fact that they scars didn't only exist on my arms. His eyes came back up to meet mine.

' You shouldn't do that to yourself Venus.' He said.

' Rude of you to assume they were all self inflicted.' I blurted out to him. I let out a sigh as I watched an apologetic expression spread across his handsome face. He opened his mouth to speak but I started speaking again before him.

'Draco I've managed to keep these hidden for the past six years. You're the only other student that knows. Pansy and Blaise don't know. They just think I'm always cold and that's why I have my hood up all the time or something. If you tell a soul Malfoy I don't know what will happen.' I said quickly. I  gave him a second to reply. After a while he said

'If I find out that there's fresh ones I will be telling Pansy.' He said quickly.

He didn't leave me time to reply as he started to walk away. But I grabbed his hand and pulled him back.

' They think you like me Malfoy. That's what they think we're talking about' I said quickly while blushing. His eyes widened a bit before he knelt down to my ear and whispered

'Then let them think that Venus. Surely that's not the worst thing in the world is it? hmm?'. He stood back up to look at my red face before smirking at me and walking away.

What in the name of God was that. I let myself calm down for a few seconds before going back to the Hall to sit down. I looked down at the three of them. Draco seemed happy with himself. I wonder why. Blaise was smiling at Pansy who was staring at me as I walked towards her and sat down to eat. God I was getting interrogated after this.