The Attack.

TRIGGER WARNING.

This chapter talks about assault.

It was days before I could face Pansy and Blaise. They had known about me secret for four years and never thought to tell me. I was hiding from them for so long and they knew.

In a way I was conflicted. They had good intentions in waiting for me to tell them myself. But I also wish they'd have told me sooner so I didn't have to hide.

I spent three days doing the same thing over again. I couldn't look, or talk to Pansy for that matter, so I didn't eat with them in the Great Hall at meal times. I would stay in my dorm for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I didn't feel like eating anyways, but Draco came to my dorm once he had finished eating with something for me to eat everyday. I didn't ask him to. It was just him being thoughtful.

Draco checked in on me during the night as always. He got the hint that I wanted to be alone while I figured out what to say to Pansy and Blaise. The nightmares came and went throughout the three nights. And Draco came and went during the night too.

I didn't sit with them during any of our classes either. Draco sat with Blaise at the back of the class. They had talked it out between each other. And Pansy sat at the desk next to them.  I started to sit at the front of the class so Pansy couldn't try and talk to me.

I decided this morning that I would sit with them at breakfast. I knew I couldn't hold the grudge for much longer. I started my day off as normal and headed down to the Great Hall. My eyes spotted the trio straight away, well, I spotted Draco first. But where Draco is Blaise surely follows.

I made my way down to our spot and sat down next to Pansy without saying a word. I felt all of them staring at me. And I looked up at everyone as I took a bite out of my toast.

'A hello would be nice. I haven't spoken to you two in three bloody days.' I said with my mouth full.

I felt Pansy put her arm around my shoulder as I ate.

'Hey Vee.' she smiled as she smiled at Blaise. They knew that that was my way of trying to make things better again. 

We laughed our way through breakfast and our classes for the day. And afterwards we sat in the common room. I sat with Draco on the couch while Pansy sat on the floor and Balise sat across from us on the arm chair. After an hour I had my head resting on Draco's arm and I was half asleep. It felt like a long day, classes and meals felt like they dragged on forever.

I almost fell asleep before I heard Pansy whisper to Draco to take me to my dorm. I felt Draco lift my head off his shoulder before he picked me up. I let myself fall asleep in his arms as he took me to my dorm.

I woke up alone in my dorm and in a t-shirt. I looked at the clock on the wall. An hour had passed and I didn't want to be alone in my dorm anymore. I got out of bed and put on sweatpants and a hoodie before I peeked my head out of my dorm door to see if the trio was still sitting by the fire.

I saw no one sitting at the fire and decided to make my way to Draco's dorm. As I made my way to his dorm I heard someone call out for me.

'Venus!' I turned around at the sound of my name to see Adrian Pucey walking towards me. He was only wearing sweatpants. He was shorter than Draco. And had a much different ... build.

'Yes Adrian?' I answered back to him. He stood in front of me, he was still tall enough that I had to look up to him.

'I was hoping to ask you about joining me for breakfast tomorrow morning without getting interrupted by Malfoy.' He smirked. I shook my head as I answered.