The Gossip.

The rest of the holidays passed quickly, I spent Christmas day in the common room with Draco. We had exchanged gifts at midnight, I had given him the books and lighter I had bought him at Hogsmeade. He had drawn me a photo of us in the astronomy tower, he also bought me new boots, he had realized I had the same pair since first year.

We had promised each other a quiet Christmas, I wasn't fond of Christmas, Draco didn't mind it when he wasn't home.

I had taken Polaroids of Draco with a Santa hat on, he wasn't very happy about it to say the least. But of course I kept it, I kept it on my nightstand.

Pansy and Blaise had come back to Hogwarts too, classes were going good, Draco and I were good, Pansy and I were ... distant.

I had been trying to sleep by myself, I was trying to face my nightmares. But it was no use. Every night I ended up in Draco's arms. He refused to let me stay in my room after a nightmare.

I skipped class today. I wasn't in the mood for Snape going on and on about potions. I was sitting on the floor of the common room reading next to the fire. As I flipped the page the door of the common room burst open and walked in Draco, Blaise and Pansy. Draco and Blaise were in fits of laughter while Pansy just gave them a cold stare. Pansy didn't acknowledge me and just went straight to her dorm.

Draco's eyes met mine as he walked in. He smiled as he walked over. He sat next to me and kissed my forehead.

'You alright darling?' He murmured as I looked up to him.

'Mhm, just tired.' I nodded slowly.

'Did you not sleep after I brought you to my dorm?' He said, confused. I shook my head.

'I didn't want to wake you in case I got another nightmare.' I looked back down to my book but Draco quickly grabbed my chin to make me look back up to him.

'It wouldn't have mattered. You need to sleep.' He stared into my eyes.

'Hello gorgeous' I heard Blaise say as he sat on the couch nearest us.

'Watch yourself Blaise, Draco won't be happy.' I winked at Blaise jokingly. He let out a low laugh as he pulled out a vial from his pocket and waved it in front of him.

'No Blaise, I'm not doing Veritaserum again. Not after last time.' I shook my head.

'Ugh Vee you're no fun. What about you Malfoy, care for some fun?' He prodded.

'I think I'll stay with Venus. You and Parkinson can have some fun for yourselves.' Draco let out a huff.

'Since when are you two such party poopers?' Blaise rolled his eyes as he sat up and walked over to Pansy's dorm.

'Do you want to go back to your dorm to read instead? Everyone should be coming back from classes soon.' Draco tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I nodded and smiled at him. He stood up before I did and held out a cold hand to help me up. I took his hand and pulled myself up. I held the book in my other hand and intertwined my fingers with his and walked to my dorm with him.

I closed the dorm behind us and sighed as I walked over to the bed and laid down. Draco stood over the bed.

'What's wrong?' He looked down at me on the bed.

'What do you mean?' I looked up to him.

'You seem upset. Not just tired.' He sat on the bed next to me.