The Intervention.

Trigger warning.

Talks of scars, nausea, slight eating disorder, alcoholism and depression 

More days had passed. They all blurred together all of a sudden. I knew I spent the days with Draco. And I knew the nightmares were getting worse. But I couldn't recall anything else about those days.

I had started to drink at night to help me sleep. Draco wasn't fond of the habit. But it felt like my only option. I knew it wasn't. It was just the easier one.

Draco had been with Blaise in his dorm for a boys night or whatever they do. I just played piano while he was gone. I didn't want to leave myself unoccupied. I tried to escape the fact that I was scared of what I might do to myself if I'm left alone ... with nothing to do.

I was settling down for the night. I had Draco's quidditch jersey and a pair of his boxers on. I laid in bed with a book in one hand, and a bottle of Fire Whiskey in the other. I heard the door click open as I held the bottle up to my mouth. I quickly pulled the bottle down and looked up to see who it was.

Draco.

Of course it was Draco. He always came back before eleven PM. I had been caught. Again.

'Please tell me I didn't just see that Venus.' The disappointment in his voice made my heart ache. He closed the door behind himself and didn't turn back around.

'I'm sorry Draco, I just need to sleep-' I tried to explain before he cut me off.

'Venus stop. Stop using that excuse. I've told you multiple times that we can go on walks or I can read to you or something. We can find something else other than you drinking every fucking night.' He started to raise his voice as he turned around.

'Draco I'm sorry, this is what helps.' I put down the book and looked down so I didn't have to face him.

'Is it really helping Vee? Is it?' He walked over to the bed and took the book and the bottle from me and put them on the nightstand before he pulled me out of bed and stood me in front of the mirror.

'Look at yourself. When was the last time you ate?' He held my arm tight. I looked at myself in the mirror. The dark circles under my eyes had become more prominent in recent days. I hadn't actually looked in the mirror in days. My hair was pulled up in the same bun I had put it in yesterday. I was paler than usual. I didn't answer his question. I didn't want to tell him that it had been days. The drink had been making me sleep in. I missed my alarm most mornings so I was late for breakfast. I didn't bother with lunch or dinner after that. I just went straight back to my dorm.

'Well. Tell me. When was the last time you ate?' He looked at me in the mirror.

'I don't remember' I whispered as I looked at my reflection.

'No drinking. Or smoking. You know I can smell it Vee. No more. How much have you drank tonight?' He let go of my arm and sighed.

'About half the bottle.' I whispered. I had been drinking for about an hour. I felt a wave of nothingness wash over me knowing I had disappointed him. He walked away and started to take off his shirt. He spoke softly.

'Get back to bed and I'll read to you 'till you fall asleep.' He still sounded disappointed. I nodded slowly and I walked back over to the bed and crawled back in. Draco watched as I sat in bed. He took the bottle from the nightstand and walked off into the bathroom with it. I heard the noise of the whiskey being poured down the sink. I closed my eyes as I started to feel the alcohol hit my system.