The Surprise.

Trigger Warning.

This chapter hints at addiction and self harm.

It was an hour past curfew and Draco and I were sneaking out of the dungeons. Draco stood in front of me and dragged me around the corridors. Every so often we hid in a classroom from Flich, who was always searching the corridors after hours. Draco stole kisses as we hid.

The castle was quiet at night. I loved the quiet. The only sounds that echoed in the corridor was the clack of our shoes against the concrete floors and our laughs. Our laugh bounced around the tall ceiling.

Draco kept running out of the castle once we were out of Flinches sight he stopped running.

'Almost there I promise' He chuckled, out of breath as he walked me to The Black Lake.

'Is this the surprise? The Black Lake?' I questioned.

'We're going swimming Venus. I would suggest you start to undress unless you want me to take you back to your dorm with no dry clothes.' He answered as he started to undress before me. I did the same and started to pull my clothes off.

Once we were naked Draco took his wand from his pocket. He flicked his wand and muttered a charm that I couldn't hear. Green light shot out of his wand and a neon blue light skimmed over the lake like a wave.

'Draco what'd you do?' I questioned.

'You'll see Venus, no need to be so impatient.'

'Draco Malfoy if you think I'm swimming in the lake that you just cast a spell on and refuse to tell me you're mad.' I retorted.

'Venus it's nothing bad I promise you'll like it.' He said as he brushed his hand over my shoulder. 'If it'll make you feel better I'll go in first.' He offered.

I sighed before I crouched down and picked up a rock to throw in the water.

'Venus if you throw that rock so help me God I will throw you in.' He called out as I walked a few feet ahead of him and threw the rock into the water. As the rock hit the water the water instantly turned the neon blue colour that had skimmed over the whole lake when Draco had casted his charm.

'It's bioluminescent?' I questioned. I heard him sigh and I turned around to see Draco making his way towards me.

'You fucking ruined it. Now I'm throwing you in.' I smirked as I started to walk away from him.

'Do it. No balls' I giggled as I started to back away. Draco quickened his pace and caught up to me faster than I expected. His arms latched around my waist and he dragged me back to the water. I didn't bother trying to fight back. He was going to throw me in anyway.

He threw me in and I opened my eyes underneath the water to see the lake turn blue around me.

As the icy water hit my skin I felt welcomed. I felt comforted. The cold water was like an old friend. It was peaceful. I wondered if the cold could hurt me. And help me.

I swam upwards and took a deep breath in as my head broke free from the water. I looked to see Draco walking into the lake. I made my way over to him and took his hand to lead him to where I had been thrown in.

'I told you I would.' He smirked.

'Shut up Draco.' I laughed. Draco didn't. I felt his hands latch onto both my hips.

'Don't tell me what to do Venus.' He sneered as he started to kiss my neck. I nodded slowly letting out a soft moan as he did so. He slowly twisted my hips so that I could face him. He pulled my chin up to kiss me. His hands moved to grip my thighs, he pulled my legs around his body and groaned. I giggled as I moved my kisses from his lips, to his jaw, and down to his neck where I stayed as I felt him grab my thighs tighter. I smirked as I drew my kisses back up to his lips.

I started to feel my body turn numb, I knew my body would betray me and my scars would turn blue as I got colder and colder. I wanted to let the cold take over, let it turn me completely blue, not just my scars. I was starting to become afraid of not being alone.  Afraid of the thing I would do to myself.

After fifteen minutes of staring at the moon, talking and giggling. Draco noticed my upper half changing.

'Venus if you're cold we can get out' He assured. I shook my head

'I don't mind the cold.' I told him honestly.

'Vee your scars ... they're turning purple. I think it's time to get out.' He continued. I nodded as I agreed. I didn't want this to end. I didn't want our moment to end.

After we had dried off and gotten dressed again, Draco brought us back to the castle. He led me to the Great Hall. He sat me down and walked off to the kitchens.

I watched as Draco walked back into the Hall. His hair still dripping wet, the droplets fell onto his shoulders, dampening his sweatshirt. In his hands, two small mugs. He sat next to me and handed me a mug.

'I hope you like hot chocolate' He smiled as he took a sip

'I do, thank you Draco.' I smiled as he took a sip before he looked up. I smiled and followed his gaze up

'Do you think it'll snow this Christmas?' I questioned. I hoped it would this year, Hogwarts was beautiful in the snow.

'Well, seeing as we got the first snow a few days ago. I think it will.' He responded. I took a long sip of my hot chocolate.

I let my head rest against his shoulder as we drank our hot chocolate and watched the ceiling. I don't remember falling asleep, but I woke up in my dorm with Draco's arm wrapped around me and my head resting on his chest. I looked to the clock on the wall. It was four AM. I sighed before I shifted away from Draco's body and sat at my desk. I pulled out my pen and paper and started to write. I hummed as I wrote. I wrote an easy song.

Listening to the daydreams

Holding on to memories

Wanting to hold on forever

Holding a cold hand

As we walk into a dreamland

Memories, they come and go

Like friend and foe

I'll still be alone

'What are you writing?' I heard his deep voice question. I looked over to the bed to see Draco propped up on his elbows watching me.

'You frightened me Draco.' I replied.

'If it's private I won't ask again, I'm just curious what you're singing.' He smirked

'It's a work in progress.' I replied.

'Then may I see a piece that you have finished?' I shook my head.

'I'll think about it' I winked.

'Come back to bed Vee, try and get some proper sleep. We're going to another party tomorrow night so rest now.' He said as he tilted his head.

'Draco you must be hallucinating, cause I don't remember you asking me. Or even saying yes.' I said as I made my way back into bed.

'I don't have to, you'll do it just for me' He smiled as I rested my head against his chest.

'Draco that excuse is getting old, you'll need to find a new one soon.' I joked.

'Don't you worry your pretty little head about it Vee, I will.'

A/N SHAWTY BAES WTF WERE ALMOST AT 9K- sorry for the filler chapter, but theres more to come I promise. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment, love you all.