The Lake.

Trigger warning.

Talks of alcohol, drugs and harassment.

I sat and watched as the group had their fun, drinking, laughing and smoking. The twins hadn't moved and were still sitting beside me.

Draco never took his eyes off of me either. He stared me down from across the room as the mdma started to take effect.

I started to feel as though I was floating in a cloud, but with mdma all your emotions are heightened. So as Draco watched me become an anxious mess from across the room, I just started to drink to numb the pain.

Luna's hand stayed placed on my knee, she was sensing what I was feeling. She started to stare back at Draco too. Every so often his eyes would flicker over to Luna's.

They were using legilimency to talk about me.

So Draco still cared. He just didn't care enough to say or do anything.

George started to twirl a finger around one of my curls.

A shiver radiated throughout my body.

'George stop-stop it.' I muttered.

He just laughed and kept going. I looked up to Fred as if I was asking for help.

He just looked down at me and smiled his charming old smile.

'George stop stop stop.' I started to repeat over and over again.

The twins laughed at my helplessness.

I looked back to Draco in desperation.

His hands were shaking, gripping so hard around the bottle I thought it might shatter.

Tears began to well up in my eyes, helpless. 

I was helpless.

As soon as the first tear fell Draco placed the bottle on his desk.

'Weasley take your hand off her.' His voice was cold.

The room went silent again.

I was confused.

Draco didn't want to speak with me. But he would defend me.

What the fuck is going on?

'Oh Malfoy, let her have some fun. How's your high Vee?' George came down to my ear.

'George please please please please.' I cracked.

'Weasley you have five seconds to take your dirty hands off of her.' Draco growled.

I looked quickly at Blaise, his eyes fixed on Fred. He had the same stone cold look that Draco had.

Draco had eyes on George.

Blaise had eyes on Fred.

I felt George's finger slip out of my coil.

Draco looked back to me and nodded as if to reassure me he was there.

He was there but he felt miles away.

Everyone started to resume their conversations after George had taken his hands off me.

Blaise had picked me up off the bed and made me sit on the floor next to him.

It seemed everyone was protecting me from the twins.