Chapter 42

You woke up to a delightful smell that flooded your room.

You stood up and grabbed the nearest blanket, wrapping it around your body.

Carefully you traveled out of your room and towards the smell.

"I was just about to wake you up!" A voice said behind you.

You screamed and quickly fell down to the floor, hiding yourself inside the blanket.

"Did I scare you, I'm sorry kid." The voice said as you sighed, knowing it was FatGum.

You stood up from your crouching position and fixed the blanket.

FatGum let out a laugh as you tilted your head in confusion.

"You know we have to leave for patrol in a few minutes, right?" FatGum questioned as you widened your eyes.

"Go change into your hero outfit and meet me outside, we'll have breakfast while we walk." FatGum said as you nodded, running off to your room.

You quickly shut the door and threw on your hero costume.

As you were adjusting your elbow pads you noticed your phone.

It's better to leave it here but I'll send him a quick text.

You thought as you picked up your phone and sent Bakugou a photo of you holding up half a heart, expecting him to finish it. Instead he sent you a photo of him flipping you off.

Before you turned off your phone he sent another message, catching your eye.
••
Bakugou- 'Love you dumbass, stay safe.'
••
You felt a smile form onto your face as you put your phone down.

You took a quick look in the mirror before heading out of your room.

You headed outside where FatGum was and he greeted you with a plastic plate of eggs and bacon.

"Eat up, we have a long day of patrolling." FatGum said as you took the plate and started to eat.

"This is really good!" You said as you continued to stuff your mouth with the food.

FatGum let out a laugh as you finished your plate and threw it in the trash, walking around to patrol the area.

~~|~~

Nothing has really happened, you got to know FatGum better but other than that it was like everyone left the city today.

"Is it always this boring?" You complained as you crossed your arms.

"Not all the time but think of it this way, you get to make sure the citizens are safe and that's all that matters." FatGum said as you sighed.

"I guess-" You started to say until you heard something go off.

FatGum reached into his back pocket and pulled out his phone, answering the call.

You stayed close to him, trying to listen in on what was being said.

Soon he ended the call and looked at you.

"Listen here kid, there is a villain on the loose and I got called in to get them. We don't know who he is or what he's capable of." FatGum said as he took a breath.

"I'm bringing you with me so you can train, but listen to what I say so you don't get hurt." FatGum said as you quickly nodded and followed him to the scene.

It wasn't long before you arrived, when you did though you saw a man holding a dagger knife to a lady's throat.

FatGum went to go get the lady away from him but he got stopped.

"Take another step and I'll kill her!" The man yelled as the woman trembled with fear.

You quickly acted and focused on the guy's arm, exploding it.

He let out a painful scream as he dropped the knife and the girl.

You heard him mumbling something but soon got distracted as FatGum ran passed you and grabbed the girl.

Before he left to set the girl down, he gave you a thumbs up.

You smiled and turned around to secure the man but he wasn't there.

"What-" You started to say until you felt a huge amount of pressure form around your neck, making it hard for you to breathe.

"Float." A voice stated as you started to float into the air.

You were able to connect eye contact with the man as he laughed.

"What a shame, they sent a young girl after me." The man said as you started prying at your neck to get the pressure to stop.

"You're probably wondering how I'm doing this, well I'll just say that my quirk can control anything with my words." The man said as he smiled at you.

You glanced down at his arm to see it was fully healed and looked brand new.

Is that what he was fucking mumbling about, dammit where is FatGum?!

You thought as you started thrashing around in the air, trying to break free. Quickly you looked down and exploded a box near him, but he didn't even flinch.

"I'm guessing from what just happened that your quirk locks onto object, so it comes from your eyes." The man said as you struggled to breathe.

"Let me fix that for you... Pain." The man said as a sharp pain shot into the back of your eyes.

Your body collapsed and fell onto the floor as you saw darkness starting to surround your eyes.

"Kid? Y/N! What happened, your eyes are bleeding and you have marks around your neck!" FatGum said as you felt him picking you up.

You couldn't keep your eyes opened, they were burning. You didn't feel any oxygen flowing in your body either, along with any sight in your eyes.

"Keep your eyes open Y/N, we're almost at the hospital." You heard FatGum say, but you couldn't.

You felt your eyes slowly closing as your body went limp, hearing the world around you fade as you slipped out of consciousness.