Chapter 50

You got up from the couch and walked away from everyone, starting to pace around the kitchen area with your head full of thoughts.

It's good we know more information now but I just can't stop thinking about where those people could've gone... since they disappeared so quickly then it has to be a spot nearby or did they just vanish into the air forever...

You thought while completely zoning out, continuing to pace around the kitchen.

Tonight while we're out on patrol then I'll have to check to see if there is a place nearby. It's good that now we know about his quirk and gender but there has to be something else to it that we're missing. It could be a teleportation quirk with the looks of it but wouldn't it only work on him then? Unless he has trained it to where it can teleport other people.

You thought until you felt a tap on your shoulder, causing you to quickly turn around to see Bakugou.

"Hey are you alright? I've been saying your name for a couple minutes." Bakugou questioned as you slightly nodded, taking a deep breath.

"Just thinking about what I saw on the news and what we might have to deal with tonight." You said as Bakugou stood there, thinking as well.

"We still have to go patrolling but we might have to take a different route with it.." Bakugou said as he walked with you to your room because people were starting to come into the kitchen.

You took a moment to think as you entered your room, suddenly getting an idea from an earlier thought.

"I had a thought earlier about his quirk, what if it's something different than we're thinking." You said as Bakugou closed the door, looking over at you afterwards.

"What do you mean by that, his quirk makes people vanish, that's what they said on the news." Bakugou said as you shook your head a bit.

"I know but what if he's making people reappear in a new spot, like relocating or teleportation. Since they've been disappearing fast and around one area so if they are being teleported they're still in the city!" You exclaimed as Bakugou stood there for a moment.

"That isn't a bad thought actually but we will have to have evidence to back up that reasoning if it is real." Bakugou said as you nodded again.

"That's why when we're out patrolling tonight I will be looking around for evidence." You said as Bakugou quickly scoffed.

"Now you're just being an idiot, why don't we save that for the Pros." Bakugou said as you rolled your eyes.

"Are you scared that we might actually find something? Are you scared that you might lose to this person?" You questioned while starting to walk up on Bakugou, watching as he got annoyed with you underestimating him.

You knew how to trick him into joining you on missions, he normally wouldn't agree because of the circumstances but you had to have him join you on this one.

"Do you feel like you might get defeated by a man we can't even see?" You questioned once again before Bakugou cut you off.

"Shut it Y/N, you know damn well I will crush this idiot." Bakugou said while raising his voice a bit, making you raise your eyebrow.

"Then prove it." You said as Bakugou scoffed and opened your door to leave.

"Get ready, we're leaving early!" Bakugou shouted as he left the room, making you laugh as you got up and shut your door.

I knew it would work.

You thought while you turned around and started to change into your hero outfit, humming during the process.

Once you finished you looked over to see the time, it was only 5pm, you started patrolling in a few hours anyways so there shouldn't be a problem with going and looking around.

You walked out of your room and snuck outside to meet with Bakugou, spotting him beside a tree.

"So are you ready?" You questioned while walking over to him, making him look at you.

"I've been ready, you're the one that's taking forever." Bakugou stated while starting to walk, causing you to trail beside him.

"Whatever you say, so what do you want to do first?" You questioned again while looking over at him.

Bakugou didn't answer, making you tilt your head in annoyance. You tapped him a bit but he still didn't answer you, it was like he was thinking about it.

"How about we go investigate the area the people vanished at? Maybe that can help lead us to something.." You said as Bakugou looked over at you and nodded, moving his hand to hold onto yours.

You connected hands with him and smiled a bit, continuing to walk into the city with him.

We are about a few minutes away from where the citizens disappear.. I wonder if we really can find anything leading to the idea I had, it would really help us out with this investigation.

You thought while looking through the windows of the buildings you passed, spacing out but Bakugou snapped you back to reality.

"Y/N, this is the area?" Bakugou said as you looked around and let go of his hand, squatting down next to the building.

"Yes it is, but it doesn't look like anyone passed by here, so I wonder if he came this way.." You said while looking at dust on the pavement, standing up afterwards.

"Do you know any other ways he could've come?" You questioned as Bakugou shook his head.

"They said they saw him over in this direction." Bakugou said as you crossed your arms, confused.

How could he be here but yet there is no trace of him, does that mean he was up high.. or maybe flying?

You thought to yourself before sighing, walking back over to Bakugou.

"We might see a sighting of him tonight, if we do we have to try and keep him around to get answers out of him.. got it?" You said as Bakugou grinned.

"Don't worry, once I see him I'll make sure he regrets the day he was ever born!" Bakugou said as he started to walk with you, fired up for what was about to come.