Chapter 1

You looked out the window, as your mom drove down the busy road.

Every car was speeding past your vision, you could barley keep up.

You let out a sigh and removed your elbow off the door and looked over at your mom.

"Do I really have to go tomorrow?" You complained as you saw your house slowly come into vision.

"Yes, why don't you want to go anymore? You worked so hard to get into that school." Your mother said as she continued to drive.

"I don't know, I just don't feel like meeting new people..." You said as you looked down.

Your mom pulled into the driveway and parked the car, soon turning to look at you.

"Is that really the reason?" She said as you locked eye contact with her.

Your mother could tell you were lying, and that something else was bothering you.

She sat there, waiting for an answer. You shook your head and went to open the door, but she locked it.

"What's bothering you?" She said, causing you to look back at her.

"I don't want to embarrass myself, I barley know how to control my quirk and whenever I get mad or anything I can't control it." You said as you looked into the window, staring at your reflection.

Your quirk was lock explosion, whenever you look at an object and focus on it, you can make it explode just with your eyes, including living objects.
It's a powerful quirk but hard to control. If you over use it, it can cause visual problems, but they're never permanent.

You've always had a hard time controlling this quirk, but you applied and work hard enough to get to U.A. because you figured they could help you.

"How can I become a hero with this quirk mom." You stated as you unlocked the door and got out.

Your mom got out as well and walked inside, with you following behind.

She closed the front door as you walked upstairs, to your room.

"Y/N." Your mother said, causing you to look at her.

"I know you can be a hero." She said as she smiled at you.

You gave her a soft smile as you walked to your room, shutting the door.

You jumped onto the bed and let out a loud groan, as you rolled over.

I'm never going to become a hero if I don't work on controlling it.

You thought as you slightly sat up, looking for any object in the room.

You saw a piece of paper, crumbled into a ball.

You sat up and focused on the ball, thinking of it exploding in your head.

You thought of it making a small explosion, so it didn't blow up the house, but it didn't work.

You sighed as you got up and grabbed the paper.

"Just explode already!" You complained as you threw it across the room.

When you focused on it the second time it exploded the way you wanted it to.

You placed your fingers on the side of your head, trying to calm down.

I need to be able to use my quirk when I'm calm too, not only when I'm angry.

You thought as you took off your shoes, and changed into a pair of sweatpants and a shirt.

You walked out of your room, and headed downstairs to your mom.

You walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water, along with a cup of yogurt.

You grabbed a spoon from your kitchen drawer and sat at the table.

"Was that explosion you?" Your mother asked as she walked behind you.

"Who else would it be?" You said as you ate a spoon full of yogurt.

She ignored your remark and placed something on the table beside you.

You looked over at it to see your uniform for school.

"You need to get some sleep, you have school tomorrow." She said as she walked away from the table.

You rolled your eyes and hurried to finish your yogurt. You got up and threw it away, grabbing your uniform and water off the table then heading upstairs.

You shut your door and placed your uniform on your dresser, putting your water down beside it.

You walked over and turned off the light, trying to find your way to your bed in the dark.

You softly hit your knee against the bed frame, crawling into bed afterwards.

You pulled the covers over your head and groaned.

"Hopefully tomorrow goes smoothly." You whispered to yourself as you drifted off to sleep.